Use of Joke

Hier kann man Fragen über Fate stellen, die man schon immer mal beantwortet haben wollte.
Fate 1 - Fanpage

Moderatoren: sircharles, Xajorkith, erni

Antworten
LordNick
Bursche / Magd
Bursche / Magd

Use of Joke

Beitrag von LordNick »

The joke option under disengage I discovered that its use is to break the ice and to talk to those who normally spit etc.
If you click talk and then it says that business about spitting etc, if you tell a joke then you can try clicking on talk again and then you can possibly talk to them.
The complication is then they might talk but it will be to give you the ultimatum, the irony of which is then you have to fight them.
You can do multiple jokes before you try talking to them , and that increases the chances of them talking.
So I have used this to talk to dwarves,gnomes, and other recalcitrants that you never got to talk to.
What do you gain from all this?
At this point I don't know. Could you use it to recruit a banshee.
How effective it would be at the start of the game at level 0, I don't know.
LordNick
Bursche / Magd
Bursche / Magd

Re: Use of Joke

Beitrag von LordNick »

I found starting a game, joke seems very useful. The other thing I didn't know was that if you had agree to hand over money when given an ultimatum you only hand over 2-300. That in many ways is a lot better than risking getting robbed and having someone killed off.I did try the surrender option once to see what would happen and you lose not only all your money but all your armour.
So once you use joke even if you can't avoid fighting it seems to at least make them an issue an ultimatum so you can pay to avoid fighting them. That way you can choose your fights.
I was able to use joke for instance at the start when I was Winwood only at the start to talk to a gral wizard, who can be really difficult to kill off even with a couple of companions.
I found in the catacombs that you can fail with joke, if you start telling old joke then after a couple then they start fighting. I went and got Vanderlark for the first time using the instructions in the FateMaster, and he was a better joker than Winwood, and slightly better than Morgantus. Then I went and got Toronar and he was even better than them
I mainly dodged fights and then I got to the big fight over Marina making sure I saved it so I could even try using joke here.
This was at distance and I had found at distance one joke or even two jokes do not suffice. You seem to need to tell 3 sets of good or funny jokes to stop them fighting if you move in. So for this fight I told three jokes than I starting moving forward and they let me move forward. When I moved in and they talked they did issue me an ultimatim but I gave them the money which was about 300 and ended up with Marina with Winwood still at level 2. I suppose with Toronar I would have been better off using Mind Crack than risking going forward and giving them first shot potentially. However I was realy trying to test its effectiveness.
Rangerous the Second
Goblin
Goblin

Very funny!

Beitrag von Rangerous the Second »

Thanks, this was a fun set of ideas that I have enjoyed. Jokes broaden the tactical options at the lower levels. But, is the Jester worthwhile? Need to play around a bit more to see... Do you have any further observations now that you've played the Jester class a while longer?

Thanks!

With respect, Rangerous the Second
Antworten

Zurück zu „Fate - Gates of Dawn“