Namen ändern per Hexeditor oder ähnlichem???

Hier kann man Fragen über Fate stellen, die man schon immer mal beantwortet haben wollte.
Fate 1 - Fanpage

Moderatoren: sircharles, Xajorkith, erni

Rangerous the Second
Goblin
Goblin

checksum

Beitrag von Rangerous the Second »

That's a great point about the possibility of a checksum. I haven't even attempted to hex edit and then use the save game files. This points out a weakness in my nature. Having cracked the encryption, I make sweeping statements without even thinking about other obstacles that may be in the way.

Please let us know what you find!
Dragonfly
Dieb(in)
Dieb(in)

Beitrag von Dragonfly »

Hi,

The Key and rotation works great, even with the German versions! :bounce:

And yes, the save-files are checksum-protected. But not as usual with a checksum at the end of the file. No, it seems that there are 28 4-Byte checksums following the character-data ($42AC -> $431B).

But this is getting a little off-topic now, so when i figure out some more, i will start a new thread.

Greets,
Dragonfly
Rangerous the Second
Goblin
Goblin

Hex Editors

Beitrag von Rangerous the Second »

For a few years now, I have used ArtMoney, Cheat Engine, and the WinUAE built-in debugger. In other contexts, I've also struggled with the DOSBOX recompile to enable the heavy debugger.

It's hard to beat the WinUAE debugger for convenience. It's a shame that it's not very well documented.

After a few years of use, I've really been impressed with Cheat Engine. I'm struggling a little with the somewhat limited memory change breakpoints, but what I wish for would massively slow things down, and you can always write custom code in Lua.

Otherwise, everything I've wished for, they've already thought of and implemented. Cheat Engine is pretty much all I use these days. It's a great debugger, editor, and exploration tool. I only wish it was named more innocuously, because people who aren't familiar with what we do may think poorly of us, just from seeing that name on a desktop icon.

As background, I have no connection to the Cheat Engine team, and my recommendation is unsolicited and uncompensated.
Dragonfly
Dieb(in)
Dieb(in)

Beitrag von Dragonfly »

Ok thanks, i´ll give it a try.
Antworten

Zurück zu „Fate - Gates of Dawn“