Beginer question.

Hier kann man Fragen über Fate stellen, die man schon immer mal beantwortet haben wollte.
Fate 1 - Fanpage

Moderatoren: sircharles, Xajorkith, erni

nasir
Soldat(in)
Soldat(in)

Beitrag von nasir »

Now im on 6 lev trying to paint all eyes so far is going well :)
Im not sure about gold signs i can read on them which diamond shall i press first. It is clear but i found marina can also paint this golden sign, and there is not mentioned in solution but i wonder shall i paint or not, maybe it is not important only for fun. I wonder if i paint golden sign and brush is limited so it will be not enough to paint all eyes. If i dont paint something will be uncompleted and i dont finish task. :bounce:
sircharles

Beitrag von sircharles »

Hi, Nasir,

now that is cute. Painting the signs? I never tried that one. :))
No worries, the paint will not go out. Just remember what the signs tell you - and you need ALL of them, 'cause the sequence of jewels is individual to your game! Never ever take it from a walkthrough (I learned that the hard way :D ).

Greetings,
Sir Charles
sircharles

Beitrag von sircharles »

nasir hat geschrieben:Uch, so i lost them forever cause i quit larvin long time ago. It is pity , anyway i will try to recruit another members. When i finish this game i will start once again from begining and try to invite them before i leave larvin :)

Nice to see you Merope :)
Never mind, Nasir,

since you intended to use them as pack-mules (which they are not particullary qualified :D ), find some barbarians instead. Gianna and Chamina are fun to have along, if you can get them early in the game. Properly trained they can become awesome fighters. I have both of them in my latest hardcore party, and they rock 'till the end. But getting Gianna started is some kind of a trial... :))

Greetings,
Sir Charles
nasir
Soldat(in)
Soldat(in)

Beitrag von nasir »

Thanks for reply Sir Charles this game is full of surprises :) good and bad. Now i found bad one.

I need help badly , once again im stuck in game.
Im on 7th level of grottos, after traveling by teleports and fight with lot of monsters finally im in last corridor which leads to jewels and Mandrag.
But i cannot move forward. Im at begining of last passage but whenever i try to move forward something teleporting me step back and all my magician looses all magic points ?( . There is nothing about that in solution. Time stop and Teleport stop spells doesnt work. In 6 lev I painted all eyes, finally didnt paint golden signs to be sure i not to screw something, but finally i screwed something.
There was a map to dig in three spaces and naked lady asked me for pass code protection and im sure i digged and answered correctly.
There is one chamber of dead which i didnt cleared because of dracs who turns my party into stone so i given up, cause i couldnt use holly scroll because they lost, im sure i found some after few fights in grottos ?( . Please help help.
nasir
Soldat(in)
Soldat(in)

Beitrag von nasir »

I searched this forum and found similar topic.

http://www.mightandmagicworld.de/phpbb/ftopic17611.html

As google translated to english (german to polish is completely useless: accurate 10 %) i have to kill 1500 enemies in grottos, like mercenary dracs,spiders ?
But how to check how many i have already killed. I have information about total kills in game which is about 10000. It is in party--information. :bounce:
Olaf said that if i reach 1500 then monsters will stop respawn but i wish some counter in it :)

As for painting golden signs i asked Marina to paint and she did, but after that i asked her to read , she replied that she cannot read cause it is painted. Smart girl :))
nasir
Soldat(in)
Soldat(in)

Beitrag von nasir »

Ok, i killed enough monsters :) , but another question i dont know what to do.
I read all golden sighns in 6 lev and wrote information for example:
"Press a first the jevel at the right end of the upper line.

Now im on 7th lev and i have list of coloured jevels to press but this is only a list, i dont know which shall i press first , there is no right, upper lower line, it is only a list not a graphic diagram.
I loaded old save on 6 lev and looked at any golden sign but there is only that information, every golden sign look same, and no information about colors. I tried all possibilities like search, read, examine.
nasir
Soldat(in)
Soldat(in)

Beitrag von nasir »

I have:

As first press jewel right end of upper line
As second press jewel in the middle
As third press jewel in the middle of the upper line
As fourth press jewel right end of the lower line
As fifth press jewel left end of the upper line
As sixth press jewel in the middle of the lower line
As seventh press jewel left of the of the lower line

now in 7th level i have listed colours
red
green
black
yellow
blue
brown
white

if i set them like this

red...green...black
........yellow...........
blue..brown...white

then i should press them in following sequence
1 black
2 yellow
3 green
4 white
5 red
6 brown
7 blue
But after that im teleported to big room which i was before so it seems i pressed them in wrong sequence.
nasir
Soldat(in)
Soldat(in)

Beitrag von nasir »

Hahaha :D
Now i chcecked forum once again and read i have clue in the manual. Now it is easy :top:
sircharles

Beitrag von sircharles »

nasir hat geschrieben:Hahaha :D
Now i chcecked forum once again and read i have clue in the manual. Now it is easy :top:
Hi, Nasir,

you've just encountered one of the nastier copy protections Olaf has put into this game (first was the guardian).
Without the manual you can easily get lost. :D
Good news, though - from now on you will only encounter one more map question... :))

Greetings,
Sir Charles
nasir
Soldat(in)
Soldat(in)

Beitrag von nasir »

Yes i remember guardian, and after that i completely forgot manual is not only for maps where to dig/search. Now i will remember to check first manual :)
nasir
Soldat(in)
Soldat(in)

Beitrag von nasir »

Finally rescued mage and got Opal Key. :)
Now it is time to solve another quest with Moonwand :)
nasir
Soldat(in)
Soldat(in)

Beitrag von nasir »

Got spiralgem, now it is time for Crincross.
I hope i dont do wrong cause i started making quests for parts in dfferent sequence to solution.
nasir
Soldat(in)
Soldat(in)

Beitrag von nasir »

Hi again mates.
I need help cause again im stuck.
it is about Crincross part. I learned i should go to Perdida, i did, so i was informed a druid at shore of Moonlake will tell more about it, so i found druid. He told me to ask oracle in Demon tower , so i read not to ask first but try to find gold coin. I had problems with it cause on manual from GG user i should find first rock at 338E, 308 N but for me it was impossible to reach this location because mountans was at this location, but i found last rock which was informed me im at Zabros point, so i enter last location 331 260 and dig and got that coin.
I return to the oracle and found fontain and i couldnt throw coin into it, i tried all options and nothing i could do, i tried option Item on that fountain but i got informed that every item is useless or something like that (i did it by mandrag and he has this coin, later i gave it to Toronat and he also coudnt do it). I also tried to use coin from menu use item, but go info i cant do that item, i examined coin and there is info item not usable, i also dropped coin standing close to fountain but without success.

On Uwe manual there is a information i should find stone on information on it i should drop item to the fountain but i couldnt fint it.

Maybe it is because i didnt make light pearl quest and didnt visit Rubenrocks yet who should give me bottle to fill from that mountain.

I also didnt make dreamstone quest yet but i think someone told me about that part already so im affraid game messed up because of that :(

** Ok, i digged this forum and found topic with similar problem like mine.
I didnt found stone and read text on it which informed me to throw coin into the well, but i have witch in my party and asked her to listen, she informed me to use coin, and i i asked her to use it and oracle asked question. My witch replied and oracle said she is stupid ?( and ended conversation, i couldnt try once again cause i lost coin. My God this game is full of traps like hell :evil5:
If i hadnt saves i would be screwed totaly and had to play game from begining. I reloaded save and asked my witch to listen once again, but now Toronar dropped coin into well so i got proper answer.
:D
nasir
Soldat(in)
Soldat(in)

Beitrag von nasir »

Got cincross at 303/317 :)
Got dreamstone
Got lightpearl
Now it is time for Marbeye
sircharles

Beitrag von sircharles »

Hi, Nasir,

obviously you have solved your problems, so just a little reminder from me.
This is the problem of knowing a walkthrough and thus trying to take shortcuts. Without it, you would surely first have searched the complete area of Demon Tower and gotten the needed information. The game is pretty strict in these cases. Well, you have now solved the majority of the nastier riddles, but a few are still to come.
Have fun!

Sir Charles
nasir
Soldat(in)
Soldat(in)

Beitrag von nasir »

Thanks for answer Sircharles
Yes, sometimes im bit hasty , i will try to make progress step by step. :)
Now got marbeye and Shadeshag, so only Erinstaff is to get. I hope my party is strong enough for Mernoc. I see there is some nice stuff to get and i hope i can kill many beasts to get exprience to my party. I hope there will be no nasty problems :)

I read Merope manual and i decided to go to Katloch to improve my antifire . Now i have 200-220 antifire.

But with antifire protection it was hard to fight with monsters i that city. My party have lev 35 - 45 and dont need ingrols to finish my party. Even Winwood , Mandrag can die from one hit by cyklop who takes sometimes700HP !!! and i have best armor.
I just had to flee from this city cause my weakest party member died 11 times, so i need to go to altair.
I think my party is too weak, they all have very good armor but it will not help. I put attachment with printscreen of my party.

I have entered to alarian vaults and got statistic up and some new allowances so i wonder shall i put all in antimagic (about 100-150) or put all still in antifire (now about 200-220 )
Dateianhänge
party.JPG
party.JPG (89.73 KiB) 315 mal betrachtet
Zuletzt geändert von nasir am So 20.04.2014 - 00:46, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
nasir
Soldat(in)
Soldat(in)

Beitrag von nasir »

Now i wonder where to level up and train my party, if i return to Katloch then once again my characters will be dying. It is ok for me i can do that but how many times altar will reset counter to zero (how many times someone died) ? I dont want my characters to leave after they die 15-16 times.

When i fight with Ingrols and if i dont kill them fast by spell like evilhammer in later they cast some kind of spell and they are immune for every spell and every mele weapon. In this case they kill all my people in party , all i can to do is loading again savegame.
How to lower their resistance ?

Problem with normal monsters in katloch is that i can kill them without casualties only when Winwood or Mandrag start first. If monsters starts first at least one of my party members die.
How to make my characters starts first ?
sircharles

Beitrag von sircharles »

Hi, Nasir,

sorry for the delay, was on Easter holiday...

OK, first - level around 40 (45 being Mandrag, right?) is way to low for Katloch and Mernoc. For some training I suggest the frogs in the grottos or Razamon's hordes in the katacombs. Do not even dream about Mernoc unless you have at least one (two would be better) chars that have the full range of Master spells. Try to push your Alarian stats to get as many bonus spells as possible.
Other good places for training are the woods south of Valvice (lots of dwarves) or the Demon Tower (ghosts).

Tipps for fighting: in Katloch, the wall spell of the Enchanter is a must. Renew it frequently, it's the only defense against the cyclops. To battle ingrols, weaken them first. A good spell for this is the insanity spell from Master. After that, evilhammer is going to succeed 100%.

Oh, forgot to add: get anti fire to maximum first. Anti-magic 100+ is good enough for now (I suggest going to 200+ for the final dungeon though).

Good luck!
Sir Charles
nasir
Soldat(in)
Soldat(in)

Beitrag von nasir »

Thanks for reply Sircharles.
I will try to get experience for killing monsters, so far i know it will take a long time :)
nasir
Soldat(in)
Soldat(in)

Beitrag von nasir »

i have plan to get experience faster. I will try to go to Katloch city by day to avoid ingrols, but i will invest my allowances to increase dexterity and skill for all party even mages. This should give me advance start fighting first. If fight will begin from Winwood or Mandrag i can kill them before they kill someone from my party.

Sircharles You wrote that i should use spell "wall" against cyklops but i dont see that spell in enchanter spellbook.

Do i need another party to finish the game ? I have only one, + two characters who keeps my unused stuff.
I read on Aggysium topic that second party is necessary, but im not sure cause google translator is not so good.
Antworten

Zurück zu „Fate - Gates of Dawn“