Boards @ MM-World Foren-Übersicht Might & Magic-World Zur Hauptseite von Might & Magic-World    Boards @ MM-World Foren-Übersicht Spiele, Bücher und vieles mehr online bestellen
Foren
Larvin encounter map in a spreadsheet

Im Topic:Kein registrierter, kein versteckter und kein Gast.
Registrierte Benutzer: Keine
Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen    Boards @ MM-World Foren-Übersicht -> Fate - Gates of Dawn
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen :: Nächstes Thema anzeigen  
Autor Nachricht
Rangerous the Second
Goblin
Goblin

BeitragVerfasst am: So 14.04.2019 - 08:30    Titel: Larvin encounter map in a spreadsheet Antworten mit Zitat

Each time you enter the town, 98 encounters are randomly distributed across the map.

Larvin encounter maps can be useful if you want to complete your party with a particular class. Then you might use the encounter map, which shows location and classes of pending encounters, color coded in green for encounters that might be willing to join, red for hostile, and yellow for those friendly encounters that will never join you.

The spreadsheet assumes FS-UAE's memory structure.

Cut and paste the hex memory listing from 8005BED8-8005C81F into cell E2 of the tab entitled Encounters(Larvin), and the encounter map updates automatically.

(Edit) Sadly, cannot upload the spreadsheet because I have reached my upload quota. If there's interest, I'll try to figure out how to upload the map spreadsheet. If there is no interest, well then, what a great site! It has already understood that my uploads do not need to be accessible. :)

Map-LarvinEncounters.png
 Beschreibung:

Download
 Dateiname:  Map-LarvinEncounters.png
 Dateigröße:  76.58 KB
 Heruntergeladen:  12 mal

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden
Abyss
Erzmagier(in)
Erzmagier(in)

BeitragVerfasst am: Di 16.04.2019 - 17:35    Titel: Antworten mit Zitat

Maybe Thies, the forum owner, can slightly increase your upload quota. Just send a PM. He had done it for me. But I am also a lovely nose Zensiert

This really looks like it could enrich the Fate forum :bussi:
(Even if my English is terrible ... * cough *)
Rangerous the Second
Goblin
Goblin

BeitragVerfasst am: Mi 17.04.2019 - 10:54    Titel: Python encounter map, limited to the City of Larvin Antworten mit Zitat

It took a couple of days to learn enough Python to make this automap more dynamic and interactive. Here's a quick video of it in action:

https://youtu.be/S21LksONM8w

I've been running this script under the Python 3.7.3 IDLE. It searches for and reads memory of a process named FS-UAE.exe. It's read-only, so it does no harm, but it won't function properly unless Winwood is in Larvin.

It works adequately on a dual screen system, where it doesn't cover part of the game screen.

Enjoy!

LarvinEncounterMap.zip
 Beschreibung:
Able to under Python 3.7.3 IDLE,
reading active FS-UAE.exe process,
of invisibleshadow's WHDLoad of Fate 1.6.

Download
 Dateiname:  LarvinEncounterMap.zip
 Dateigröße:  8.46 KB
 Heruntergeladen:  5 mal

Rangerous the Second
Goblin
Goblin

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr 19.04.2019 - 00:25    Titel: Larvin Encounter Map now compiled into an executable Antworten mit Zitat

Thanks to all the enthustic response to my limited Larvin automap program, I've gone ahead and compiled the Python source code into a Windows .exe file. There is no longer any need to install Python on your computer to use this limited automap capability.

In its current form, the map is only relevant when your party is in Larvin (although it works in any town, just ignore the Larvin background geography).

However, if I stick with it, I expect to update this into a more general automap that works anywhere in Fate.

As noted, the source code was already posted in this same message thread.

Edit: OK, I may have to wait a few days before I can upload this file, which is about 11 kB, because I've exhausted my upload limit. I'll edit and attach whenever that works.

Respectfully,
Rangerous the Second
Abyss
Erzmagier(in)
Erzmagier(in)

BeitragVerfasst am: Heute um 17:09    Titel: Antworten mit Zitat

I have to say that I do not even understand half of what it does. But it looks great. For example, I did not think that the NPCs are already set on entering the city. I thought they were always randomly generated nearby.

How big is this? How does it connect to the emulator? Did Thies, the forum's big boss, increase your attachment storage? How much memory do you need?
Neues Thema eröffnen   Neue Antwort erstellen    Boards @ MM-World Foren-Übersicht -> Fate - Gates of Dawn Alle Zeiten sind GMT + 1 Stunde
Seite 1 von 1

Gehe zu:  
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.
Du kannst Dateien in diesem Forum posten
Du kannst Dateien in diesem Forum herunterladen

Neverwinter