Eine kurze Kurzgeschichte für Zwischendurch (englisch)

Bücher (die aus Papier :), Geschichten, Gedichte (gern auch Selbstgeschriebenes) sowie literarische Verfilmungen sind Themen dieses Forums.

Moderatoren: Tantalusss, mara, Khamul, Castore

Antworten
Garofuzalomi
Dieb(in)
Dieb(in)

Eine kurze Kurzgeschichte für Zwischendurch (englisch)

Beitrag von Garofuzalomi »

Eine kleine heitere Fantasy-Kurzgeschichte in Englisch:

The Secret of the Red Cloth

“I wonder what might lie underneath that red cloth“, Zoogoee said inquiringly to Ogkonn, as they passed by a sorcerer's booth. “Why does it matter? Probably some would-be-sorcerer-junk!“, Ogkonn responded irritated. “Maybe, but the one who guesses right, gets one hundred gold pieces. And on top of that they would come in handy. “, Zoogoee argued. “My Dear, I am a great mage I could create a chamber full of gold!“ “But by solving the riddle we would earn the money in an approriate way.“ “Pah!“ “Pleeease!“ “Okay, I will deal with that.“ “You wouldn't cheat, would you?!“ “Wouldn't you actually never give me a rest?!“ “No, for I am your wife.“ “Ah, so I only have married you to be annoyed by you day and night?“ “Maybe.“After saying that Zoogoee kissed Ogkonn passionatly. “ Will you therfore help me to figure out what lies beneath the cloth?“ she purred seductively. “Well, I'm convinced, but can't we use a little bit of m...“ Zoogoee looked at him with eyes seeming to be sharp swords, so he decided to drop this subject.

“Well, tell me the first hint“, asked Ogkonn. “Travel to the stars!“ “How could I manage to do this without magic!?“ Zoogoee frowned and replied:“Don't take everything in literal sense, obviously it is meant metaphorically!“ “Well, alright.“ “I think“, Zoogoee reflected,“we only have to act as if we went to the stars.“ “Well, there is a hill nearby; if you climb it at night, it seems as if you travel to the stars.“ “You are such a darling, Dear!“ Zoogoee underlined this by kissing him heartingly.

At midnight they went up the hill. The wind whistled and the stars enlightened the void of space in a cloudless sky. “Well, tell me the second hint.“ “That what you see there lies beneath the cloth.“, Zoogoee recited. “So, I myself see nothing!“ “That's it“, Zoogoee shouted electrified. “What?“ “There is nothing underneath the cloth. It's only puffed out!“ “If you think so“, Ogkonn said doubtfully, “Well nevertheless I still think it is better to assure this with m...“ Zoogoee's eyes blazed with fury. “Don't get upset, I won't put forward this issue again.“

The next day the sorcerer asked again what might lie beneath the red cloth. Many people tried to guess but all failed to find the right answer. Then it was Zoogoee's and Ogkonn's turn. So she, being sure that she was right, said: “Beneath the cloth is no more than nothing.“ The crowd groaned. “But how could you... that's not possible.“ The magician was shocked, but quickly recovered his self-possesion and replied arrogantly: “Sure, the answer is right but... according to the bet you only get the coins if you say what is beneath the cloth and since there is nothing underneath it, you only get nothing!“ Zoogoee burnt with anger, for she was fooled by him, and wanted to draw her sword. But Ogkonn calmed her down and said soothingly: “Let this simpleton indulge in his so-called victory; we could as well earn money somewhere else. And above all we've got our reward after all, since unlike him we've recognized that even nothing is something.“

(eigene Übersetzung meiner Geschichte: "Der Reiz des roten Tuches")
Antworten

Zurück zu „Literatur-Forum“