Beginer question.

Hier kann man Fragen über Fate stellen, die man schon immer mal beantwortet haben wollte.
Fate 1 - Fanpage

Moderatoren: sircharles, Xajorkith, erni

nasir
Soldat(in)
Soldat(in)

Beitrag von nasir »

I see so it is good news :)
Marina usually cast defensive spells like block, regeneration, healing party and revive (cleric spell), so now I will go to hunt for some rats, snakes. They have not much HP , so Marina shoult get rid of them quickly.
thank You for explanation :)

I forgot one think. When i talk to people sometimes they teach my party so party members gain dexterity, inteligence, wisdom, experience , but Marina always gain only new tricks instead of intelligence or wisdom and experience. Maybe it is because sometimes i try to use her for sneaky attack like Dupe.
sircharles

Beitrag von sircharles »

nasir hat geschrieben: I forgot one think. When i talk to people sometimes they teach my party so party members gain dexterity, inteligence, wisdom, experience , but Marina always gain only new tricks instead of intelligence or wisdom and experience. Maybe it is because sometimes i try to use her for sneaky attack like Dupe.
Nope, Nasir,

most probably Marina is too advanced aleady in the skills they want to teach. Marina comes in crack in charm and dexterity, so nobody is able to teach her anymore. Don't worry, Marina will get her fair share once you get her Alarian stats going. First try to get her magic kills using Monk:slimefist (or so) or let her slaughter large groups using Jaggalak. Get her into the Master spells. Once she has them, she becomes a power of her own. My Marina was one of the most powerful warriors in my party, even Mandrag had respect... :))

Greetings,
Sir Charles
nasir
Soldat(in)
Soldat(in)

Beitrag von nasir »

I had little break. My kid was ill so didnt had enough time to play.
Now im killing thieves, rats using jaggalak :)
I wonder is jaggalak endless or will disappear after some time of using ? I never use it before

I wonder is it different for Alarian bonus Marina will kill 5 rats or 5 Ingrols ? If it counts only amount of killed enemies then easier is when i kill some rats/thieves ect. But if Alarian recognise how much i killed more skilled enemies then i should rather go to Grottos killing frogs.

* Now im fighting only in nights to meet a little tougher enemies.
Merope
Ritter/Amazone
Ritter/Amazone

Beitrag von Merope »

Hi nasir,
nasir hat geschrieben:I wonder is jaggalak endless or will disappear after some time of using ? I never use it before
I think i lost only one Jaggalak in my whole life after excessive use. :D
But there are enough to be found in the game.
nasir hat geschrieben:I wonder is it different for Alarian bonus Marina will kill 5 rats or 5 Ingrols ? If it counts only amount of killed enemies then easier is when i kill some rats/thieves ect. But if Alarian recognise how much i killed more skilled enemies then i should rather go to Grottos killing frogs.
Alarian makes no differences of how you push your statistics. Rats or Ingrols are the same for it.

I hope your kid gets well again soon! :top:

Greetings
Merope
nasir
Soldat(in)
Soldat(in)

Beitrag von nasir »

Thank You, my kid got 40 C* temperature but he is on antibiotic since monday and he is ok now. This is first year he goes to kindergarten so he have to meet some other kids and lot of viruses an bacteria :)

So before my jaggalak disappear Marina will slay as much rats as possible , they are plenty especially at night. Using jaggalak is very confortable to me , cause Marina has no spell which affect all enemies. :)
sircharles

Beitrag von sircharles »

nasir hat geschrieben: So before my jaggalak disappear Marina will slay as much rats as possible , they are plenty especially at night. Using jaggalak is very confortable to me , cause Marina has no spell which affect all enemies. :)
Hi, Nasir,
you should have at least three Jaggalaks by now, so don't worry. But let Marina cast as much as possible, even if she cannot hit all. Pick a group of 8 and slime them. Again. Kills count much more! Hit all works best in BIG groups like Grotto1. :D

My best regards to your kid.
Sir Charles
nasir
Soldat(in)
Soldat(in)

Beitrag von nasir »

Thank You, my kids are ok now :).
I will try not to use only jaggalack but also cast spell by Marina.

Im in grotto. I started casting spell slimefist, but something happened cause this spell only does 19 damage and it is completely useless, maybe because i used too often jaggalak.

Sad news is http://dungeony.rpghry.cz/fate/ server offline. Few days ago it was online. I hope it is only temporary. If not it will be very pity :( There is so lot important information about game in english, i dont have email to webmaster i wish i could send him email.
sircharles

Beitrag von sircharles »

nasir hat geschrieben: Im in grotto. I started casting spell slimefist, but something happened cause this spell only does 19 damage and it is completely useless, maybe because i used too often jaggalak.
No, that has nothing to do with it. Yes, the spell is weak, but it is the only damaging spell available to Marina for quite some time. Hunting rats and snakes should work, though (try the swamps east of Valvice). The spell is useless in the grottos.
nasir hat geschrieben:Sad news is http://dungeony.rpghry.cz/fate/ server offline. Few days ago it was online. I hope it is only temporary. If not it will be very pity :( There is so lot important information about game in english, i dont have email to webmaster i wish i could send him email.
Well, that is not the first time it is offline. It has come back every time. Well, there is a lot of info material available here (mostly German, but figures are figures, and if you need something really hard I might be able to translate it - just don't ask for Merope's Kompendium, that is way too large :D ).

Greetings,
Sir Charles
nasir
Soldat(in)
Soldat(in)

Beitrag von nasir »

Yes, i hope server will come online, then i will copy all site in case of future problems :)
My Marina has also Witch tree completed so she can cast stonefire spell it is expensive, but still she can do something. I was affraid, after you said she should cast something, that using jaggalak has some side effect. Until now i used jaggalak because it affected all enemies and was fast killer :)
sircharles

Beitrag von sircharles »

nasir hat geschrieben:Yes, i hope server will come online, then i will copy all site in case of future problems :)
My Marina has also Witch tree completed so she can cast stonefire spell it is expensive, but still she can do something. I was affraid, after you said she should cast something, that using jaggalak has some side effect. Until now i used jaggalak because it affected all enemies and was fast killer :)
Yip, spell is expensive, but restoration potions are cheap... :D
Stonefire is a good one in the grottos - prepare the frogs in the hall of frogs with poison or insanity and let Marina wipe them out. Nice thing - restoration wells nearby.
Once and for all - using items does in no way afflicht ability to cast. It's your choice - get quick kills or important hits. Oh, and visit Alarian in between sometimes, there might be new spells for Marina. :)

Best of luck!
Sir Charles
nasir
Soldat(in)
Soldat(in)

Beitrag von nasir »

I killed many frogs , now im going back to alarian vaults :)

I saw there is different prices in guildies for buying new spells, do you know some cheap guilds ?

Last time i traveled to Larvin by train, then i get out i used gemstaff to see in what part of city im. I was close to holo station. So when i saw map i was thinking im in a middle of the city, but on paper map Holo Station is on the edge of the city. So i saw unaccesable part of the city. I think there must be a way to get there. I have strong feeling Olaf hidden way to get there.

Another strange place is on leading stars to alarian vaults at 5th level. It is small few rooms, when i go down i will enter 6th level with teleport to alarian vaults. So in two rooms with strage pictures of sorcerers,priests ect..on 5th level when i enter a spell is casted and nothing else happened. I think there must be some secret here. :)

Well i got Alarian and Marina got 10 spells allowance and 20 improvement. Also Mandrag and Maba. But Toronar, Winwood, Banshee didnt get any, only healed. Im sure Winwood killed many enemies so i wonder why he didnt got any allowances.
sircharles

Beitrag von sircharles »

Hi, Nasir,

quite a lot of questions...:)
nasir hat geschrieben:I killed many frogs , now im going back to alarian vaults :)

I saw there is different prices in guildies for buying new spells, do you know some cheap guilds ?
Yes, I do.
The cheapest guild for buying spells is "Mystical Guild" in Cassida, should be open all the time. An alternative is "Guild of Dying Shadows" in Larvin, open 4-23. Not much difference.
Caution: cheap guilds for spells are not necessarily cheap for getting spell classes! For that, best are guilds of fire, earth or water in Katloch, "Guild of Slaves" in Mernoc (open only 0-1), all of them stupid to reach, "Guild of Masters" in Larvin and "Mystical Guild" in Cassida.
nasir hat geschrieben:Last time i traveled to Larvin by train, then i get out i used gemstaff to see in what part of city im. I was close to holo station. So when i saw map i was thinking im in a middle of the city, but on paper map Holo Station is on the edge of the city. So i saw unaccesable part of the city. I think there must be a way to get there. I have strong feeling Olaf hidden way to get there.
No, that's just how the map works. The gem map always puts you in the center. Be assured, you can reach every spot in the city of Larvin.
nasir hat geschrieben: Another strange place is on leading stars to alarian vaults at 5th level. It is small few rooms, when i go down i will enter 6th level with teleport to alarian vaults. So in two rooms with strage pictures of sorcerers,priests ect..on 5th level when i enter a spell is casted and nothing else happened. I think there must be some secret here. :)
Oh yes, the famous portraits. Ignore the field with the spell, it is some kind of restoration. The pictures show the classes that may use a certain item (the famous flute), but at the moment I cannot recall how to find it (maybe Merope can help here?)
nasir hat geschrieben: Well i got Alarian and Marina got 10 spells allowance and 20 improvement. Also Mandrag and Maba. But Toronar, Winwood, Banshee didnt get any, only healed. Im sure Winwood killed many enemies so i wonder why he didnt got any allowances.
Good start for Marina. Continue on. Regarding Winwood and the others, they are most probably really advanced already and therefore need more kills fo another gain. Have them training other Alarian bonus sets (Winwood should use items, the others items and weapons). Remember, there are four different skill sets at Alarian - the Warrior (kills by weapons), the Ninja (kills by tricks, theft), the Wizard (kills by spells and demons) and the Priest (kills by items, hits by effects). Sounds like Marina got a few levels in Priest, but she still has the road to Wizard open once she gets real damaging spells. Your major spellcasters most probably lack in Priest training but are pretty advanced in Wizard already. Have them play with large groups casting stuff like Insanity or Itching. I know it hurts to waste item kills on your spell cracks, but once in a while let them have a go on a horde of rats with cheap stuff like a warpipe. :D

Proper Alarian training needs some planning! I)

Best of Luck!
Sir Charles
nasir
Soldat(in)
Soldat(in)

Beitrag von nasir »

Thank You very much for answers for so many questions :)

Im not sure you understood me about map in larvin.
Maybe this graphical file will show You what i meant.

I think it is secret place which i cannot get there in normal way cause it is not shown by runetek map and even karteneditor map.

By the way Marina has all spell from Master tree so only low level is a problem in Agyssium. So maybe it is time for get fast experience killing Ingrols in Mernoc to get faster leveling up. :)
Dateianhänge
LARVIN.jpg
LARVIN.jpg (137.93 KiB) 238 mal betrachtet
LARVIN.jpg
LARVIN.jpg (137.93 KiB) 247 mal betrachtet
sircharles

Beitrag von sircharles »

Hi, Nasir,

I am not really sure I got you from the handwritten sketches, maybe a screenshot would be nice? But I have a general idea. Neither gems nor the gemstaff show areas which are accessible by hidden doors, use magic light spells (Enchanter, Master, NOT Elementary) to see them, and yes, there is a hidden door in Larvin! :D

Marina has full Master! Good. But I suggest getting a second charater into the Master spells (prime candidate is your witch). You need at least two characters with the important healing spell. Level is not so important (as long as you are properly supplied with restoration potions), but healing power is essential. I once tried the Agysium with Marina as the only Master in my band, and all went well at the beginning, until somewhere down in Level 4 or so some idiot turned Marina undead. There is only one healing spell that cures that, and that is the Master spell! OK, a combination of deathstone and some resurrection stuff works, but I had neither with me. So, now I had lost all protection against stuff like insanity (Angel spell, only Marina had it). :)
So, a few tips for the Agysium:
Get decent armour. No big physical attacks, but why waste healing power. Powerful weapons (Warphammer, Witchhammer, Gord's axe) are nice to get past the easy to kill small encounters in the upper levels, but you will meet opponents that cannot be killed by physical force. I tried it on a Kryst (I think) which I hit with everything I got for several rounds, adding up the damage. After passing 50.000 I got bored and used magic.
Strategy using magic: use the Insanity spell of the Master category for larger groups as soon as possible. After that, Evilhammer of the Archmage will provide a clean sweep (so at least two of your party should have it, Mandrag being the first and either Toronar or your Banshee being the second). The Banshee:Hammer (don't know the English name) should work for single enemies and should be available for several of your casters.
Forget offensive items. None will work, not even the Jaggalak. Keep some supportive items (cloverleaves? help against sleepiness, hunger and thirst).
And, of course, save often and early! If you get stranded in Level 6 with no restoration potion left, you are doomed. And there is only one restoration well in the whole Agysium, and no easy way out - you will have to fight your way back the same you came in!
Alright, if I haven't scared you yet - I managed the Agysium with Level 50 chars. Provided they have the necessary firepower. :D
Oh, btw, the strategies for handling the Agysium do not change for the castle crypt - you just have to improve your magical defense (and never forget to renew the Enchanter:Wall (whatever) to avoid getting smashed by boulders... :D

Happy fighting!
Sir Charles
nasir
Soldat(in)
Soldat(in)

Beitrag von nasir »

thank You for strategy in Agyssium :)
I will try to gain another char full master tree spells :)

Here is printscreen.
Dateianhänge
Holo Station.jpg
Holo Station.jpg (597.75 KiB) 234 mal betrachtet
sircharles

Beitrag von sircharles »

Hi, Nasir,

now I understand. Well, your party stands at the western edge of the town. The map wraps around showing the eastern edge, so you see Mulraddin's island which you can reach through the catacombs. A bit confusing, I admit. :D

So, don't worry, you haven't missed anything.

Greetings,
Sir Charles
nasir
Soldat(in)
Soldat(in)

Beitrag von nasir »

Ah i see, and i was thinking i exlpored something new :)
nasir
Soldat(in)
Soldat(in)

Beitrag von nasir »

Im still figting :)
I mean i had another pause, but im trying to level up my party. especially i need second character to get maste tree spells before i enter to agyssium.
Yeah it takes so long time for me , but i will have 3rd child so i dont have much time for game :)
Anyway im still trying to finish this game :)
Happy new year to everyone :)
sircharles

Beitrag von sircharles »

nasir hat geschrieben:Happy new year to everyone :)
Happy new year from me, too, Nasir! Nice to have you back.
nasir hat geschrieben:Im still figting :)
I mean i had another pause, but im trying to level up my party. especially i need second character to get maste tree spells before i enter to agyssium.
Could you give a short update on your main party? I've lost track a bit.
nasir hat geschrieben:Anyway im still trying to finish this game :)
You will! Just keep going, even if a little bit slower... :winken:

Regards,
Sir Charles
nasir
Soldat(in)
Soldat(in)

Beitrag von nasir »

Now im cruising in Mernoc and hunting for monsters. I just spent all day and night in Mernoc.

My active party :

Winwood 59 lvl

Mandrag 55 lvl Archmage spel tree

Toronar 52 lvl Archmage spell tree, not far to Master tree

Giant Paladin Warrior 57 lvl

Marina 52 lvl Master spell tree

Witch 50 lvl not far to Master spell tree, but have also Fairy spell tree so she can revive dead like Marina do so have two chars with revive spell. This is very comfortable for me.

Banshee 47 lvl, she has nothing important and she is my weakest member in my party and will be replaced by Bergerac.
Most funny thing is that my sleeping beauties spare party who only sleeping leveling faster that this Banshee. Banse ofc is not very active during combats but sometimes she kills some monsters, unlike sleeping beauties who didnt kill any monster and they only sleeping.
When I recruited these girls they had lower level than Bansee, now they got 50 lev and Banshee only 47 :D

When im in Mernoc monsters still have first turn so i have to survive first strike. I use block spell by Enchanter spell, but sometimes they can still kill soem ppl in my party. Then i use Evil hammer by Archmage spell , or can try another way i found. First Marina cast dearmor (Master spell) and all monsters are so fragile that i can finish them all by simple banshe spell Mindcrack.

I was expecting Purgatory master spell will be more effectively but it kill about half of monsters only but evilhammer kills almost all of enemies and seems to be better, but purgatory has only teoreticaly more damage. So i Wonder why use purgatory spell or when i should use it.

I found my Witch has low mage power so she coudnt harm much monsters so i spent some allowances to raise it.

Anyway i have full antifire protection, and reasonable antimagic (about 150 points)
I Wonder on which i could invest my allowances for all party.
Maybe invurability ? I read it reduces potential damage from enemies.

Ah i forgot i think o found a bug accidentally.
I was wondering to raise my mage power to my witch, but before i did it i found i can raise up my magepower for all party by spell, so i started thinking shall i spend some allowances to raise permanently magepower for my witch or just use spell and got for all party.

So i casted spell to check how much magepower will increase and found it is has nice incoming. Anyway i changed my mind because i read it has only short duration so i decided to increase magepower by allowances in guild (spell still was working) After i did it i got extra points. So from now i expected my magepower will drop some cause spell should end but nothing changed for few days. So I have now permanently +magepower from allowances and +magepower from spell.

Anyway nice to come back. :)
Have good new Year, and i feel sorry for all German Women who has been raped last days by muslims :(
Antworten

Zurück zu „Fate - Gates of Dawn“