Beginer question.

Hier kann man Fragen über Fate stellen, die man schon immer mal beantwortet haben wollte.
Fate 1 - Fanpage

Moderatoren: sircharles, Xajorkith, erni

sircharles

Beitrag von sircharles »

Hi, Nasir!
nasir hat geschrieben:Now im cruising in Mernoc and hunting for monsters. I just spent all day and night in Mernoc.

My active party :

Winwood 59 lvl

Mandrag 55 lvl Archmage spel tree

Toronar 52 lvl Archmage spell tree, not far to Master tree

Giant Paladin Warrior 57 lvl

Marina 52 lvl Master spell tree
Sounds solid up to now.:)
nasir hat geschrieben:Witch 50 lvl not far to Master spell tree, but have also Fairy spell tree so she can revive dead like Marina do so have two chars with revive spell. This is very comfortable for me.
Don' care about the Fairy spells, they are only important against insanity. Master spell includes that, so go for Master. Get your witch to Master at least spell 9. Purgatory is overrated.
nasir hat geschrieben:Banshee 47 lvl, she has nothing important and she is my weakest member in my party and will be replaced by Bergerac.
Wrong. Your Banshee is the next candidate for Master. If you give her kills (Mindcrack - have Mandrac cast Poison or something similar or Marina Mindwarp or whatever - I'm not really familiar with the English spellnames - and have your Banshee finish it, you will advance her quickly in Alarian. My Banshee Chamina was one of my top assets throughout of the game).
nasir hat geschrieben:Most funny thing is that my sleeping beauties spare party who only sleeping leveling faster that this Banshee. Banse ofc is not very active during combats but sometimes she kills some monsters, unlike sleeping beauties who didnt kill any monster and they only sleeping.
When I recruited these girls they had lower level than Bansee, now they got 50 lev and Banshee only 47 :D
Your poor girl has a race that gains only slowly if not active. Train her! If neccessary, go down to the hall of frogs and wipe out several sets by mindwarping them. Mernoc is good for levelling, but you forget about Alarian!

nasir hat geschrieben:When im in Mernoc monsters still have first turn so i have to survive first strike. I use block spell by Enchanter spell, but sometimes they can still kill soem ppl in my party. Then i use Evil hammer by Archmage spell , or can try another way i found. First Marina cast dearmor (Master spell) and all monsters are so fragile that i can finish them all by simple banshe spell Mindcrack.
Wrong tactic. Evil hammer is powerful but does not guarantee kills. Perfect tactic: Mindwarp (or so, Master spell, Marina should have it) followed by Evil Hammer (does your banshee have it? If so, perfect!) and nothing is alive anymore. Works everywhere, even in the deepest of the castle crypt!
nasir hat geschrieben:I was expecting Purgatory master spell will be more effectively but it kill about half of monsters only but evilhammer kills almost all of enemies and seems to be better, but purgatory has only teoreticaly more damage. So i Wonder why use purgatory spell or when i should use it.
Do not get blinded py potential damage. Yes, Purgatory has superior damage ratings, but it might miss. Combine your spells. First some nasty hindering like Mindwarp or poisoning, then something critical. That's why I'm asking for a second Master in your team - the Master spell is perfect for this!
nasir hat geschrieben:I found my Witch has low mage power so she coudnt harm much monsters so i spent some allowances to raise it.

Anyway i have full antifire protection, and reasonable antimagic (about 150 points)
I Wonder on which i could invest my allowances for all party.
Maybe invurability ? I read it reduces potential damage from enemies.
Yes. Anti-magic 150 is quite good. Maybe raise to 200, but if you have spares, go for Invulnerability. It reduces every kind of damage and will be worth every point in the castle crypt.
nasir hat geschrieben:Ah i forgot i think o found a bug accidentally.
I was wondering to raise my mage power to my witch, but before i did it i found i can raise up my magepower for all party by spell, so i started thinking shall i spend some allowances to raise permanently magepower for my witch or just use spell and got for all party.

So i casted spell to check how much magepower will increase and found it is has nice incoming. Anyway i changed my mind because i read it has only short duration so i decided to increase magepower by allowances in guild (spell still was working) After i did it i got extra points. So from now i expected my magepower will drop some cause spell should end but nothing changed for few days. So I have now permanently +magepower from allowances and +magepower from spell.

Interesting find. If I find the time, I might be testing this on my own...;)
nasir hat geschrieben:Anyway nice to come back. :)
Have good new Year
Same to you, and I refrain from quoting the rest - you surely understand... :top:

Regards,
Sir Charles
nasir
Soldat(in)
Soldat(in)

Beitrag von nasir »

So far only Marina has Master tree.
Next nearest to get Master is Witch. She has now 9 spell classes
My 47 Banshe has 8 spell classes now
According to Merope manual for witch Master class is on 11 position so only 2 need to achieve.
Banshe has more to do to achieve cause for banshee master spell tree is on 15th position so 7 classes to achieve to get Master.

To get proper tactics. I need Marina to start first with Mindwarp spell and next can others take their turn. Now Mandrag and Toronar starts first and im forced to use evilhammer or wait for Marina, but to cast evilhammer after marinas Mindwarp i have to go another round and enemies will strike me twice before they die. So i have to find more dexterity and skill for Marina to let her start fighting first in party.

Sircharles You said that going through game with Pawel Matusz
and Uwe manual dont make you all in Fate is visited. Is there some mysterious places which hasnt been described in Pawel or Uwe walkthrough ?

Thanks for advices :)
Sorry for those muslims. Im just from a little different country and im used to say what i like without care :)
sircharles

Beitrag von sircharles »

Hi, Nasir,
sorry for long absence, been busy...
nasir hat geschrieben:So far only Marina has Master tree.
Next nearest to get Master is Witch. She has now 9 spell classes
My 47 Banshe has 8 spell classes now
According to Merope manual for witch Master class is on 11 position so only 2 need to achieve.
Banshe has more to do to achieve cause for banshee master spell tree is on 15th position so 7 classes to achieve to get Master.
You got me wrong here. The Banshee is not a candidate for Master, but she should aim for Archmage (11. position, if I recall correctly) to get Evilhammer. Witch is prime candidate for Master, next is Toronar (13. position, could be done).
nasir hat geschrieben:To get proper tactics. I need Marina to start first with Mindwarp spell and next can others take their turn. Now Mandrag and Toronar starts first and im forced to use evilhammer or wait for Marina, but to cast evilhammer after marinas Mindwarp i have to go another round and enemies will strike me twice before they die. So i have to find more dexterity and skill for Marina to let her start fighting first in party.
Easy, Nasir. What are we talking about? Surviving the Agysium or training your team? To achieve proper training (Alarian stats, get magic kills for your witch to receive spells, and same for Toronar and your Banshee) you should not bother about enemies getting at you any more. For the Agysium you are quite right. Buff yourself up with long lasting defensive spells if Marina is not early in the sequence (usually Mandrag is first, but Marina should be very aerly anyway) and then follow up with Evilhammer either from Toronar or the Banshee (both should have Archmage by now, otherwise you are in trouble). A second Master is mainly for healing (most powerful healing spell) and for supporting Marina (otherwise you need LOTS of restoration potions).
nasir hat geschrieben:Sircharles You said that going through game with Pawel Matusz
and Uwe manual dont make you all in Fate is visited. Is there some mysterious places which hasnt been described in Pawel or Uwe walkthrough ?

Thanks for advices :)
No, don't take me wrong here, they got the main story all right. You miss out all the neat stuff hidden all over the landscape whích they either never discovered or never bothered to mention. Depending on your parties you might not even need all those goodies, but why wasting them? Pity is all the guides for finding them are mostly in German, so if you need help here, I might be able to translate. But for the story flow you can follow Pawel and Uwe all right.

Best regards,
Sir Charles
nasir
Soldat(in)
Soldat(in)

Beitrag von nasir »

Thanks for help :)

I discover two useful for me spells.
Marina can cast skill for all party it buffs statistic and it last quite long :)
Second one is improve. I cast improve on single character which i want to start first and now leveling is faster. :)

Little update
Winwood 63
Mandrag 57
Toronar 55
Ingrid 60 (paladin giant warrior)
Marina 55
Wabeena 49 banshee
Maba 53 Whitch

Not far away for master tree for Mandrag and Maba :)

I read topics about Agyssium here and used translator but so far i understood there was a problem with getting heart of Bergerac.
It was connected with opal key and with two parties.
Unfortunately i have only one party and i hope i can take Bergerac heart with one party.

I read also about Fate 2 topic about some preloader. Is it means there is operational Fate 2 game available ? :)
sircharles

Beitrag von sircharles »

Hi, Nasir,
nasir hat geschrieben:I read topics about Agyssium here and used translator but so far i understood there was a problem with getting heart of Bergerac.
It was connected with opal key and with two parties.
Unfortunately i have only one party and i hope i can take Bergerac heart with one party.
The problem is getting the Opal Key can only be solved with multiple parties to activate a teleport in the Grottos. Do you own the Opal Key? If so, all is well. If not, follow Uwe's guide. This is the only point in the game where you have to split your parties on your own. Splitting on entering the Crypt does not count.
nasir hat geschrieben:I read also about Fate 2 topic about some preloader. Is it means there is operational Fate 2 game available ? :)
I'm awfully sorry to disappoint you there, Nasir, but Fate 2 has been a personal project of Olaf and has been made available only to hand-selected people for evaluation. Since Olaf has passed away, Fate 2 will never be made available for anybody else again. Alas. ;(

Best regards,
Sir Charles
nasir
Soldat(in)
Soldat(in)

Beitrag von nasir »

Yes i have Opal Key , i just read in topic Agyssium tips about some issue with problems to get Bergerack heart.

I see , so 2 part is only for choosen by Olaf. May i ask You for some screenshots of this game i would like to know what this game looks like . :)
Merope
Ritter/Amazone
Ritter/Amazone

Beitrag von Merope »

nasir hat geschrieben:I see , so 2 part is only for choosen by Olaf. May i ask You for some screenshots of this game i would like to know what this game looks like . :)
On the Fate 2 fanpage there are some screenshots. 8)
nasir
Soldat(in)
Soldat(in)

Beitrag von nasir »

Hmm it seems author was a big fan of manga :)
nasir
Soldat(in)
Soldat(in)

Beitrag von nasir »

Hi again :)

I think i can try to deal with agyssium monsters. Im really bored with slaying monsters in Mernoc :)

Here is my update and statistic after visit in Altair Chamber:

Winwood 81 level
hit points 785
anti magic 253
invulnerability 64
anti crit 50

allowances 53
**he was leveling very fast despite he was in Mernoc but didnt fight.

Mandrag 70 level
hit points 395
mage points 529
anti magic 154
anti crit 67
magic power 147
invulnerability 82

allowances 79
**during leveling in Mernoc he died most often 11 times

Toronar 71 level
hit points 483
mage points 492
anti magic 235
anti crit 45
magic power 121
invulnerability 99

allowances 53

Irgrit (giant paladin) 80 level
hit points 745
anti magic 223
anti crit 41
invulnerability 68

allowances 45
**she was leveling very fast despite she was in Mernoc but didnt fight.

Marina 71 level
hit points 384
mage points 376
anti magic 253
anti crit 44
magic power 95
invulnerability 91

allowances 60

Wabeena (banshee pheyd) 71 level
hit points 432
mage points 448
anti magic 161
anti crit 42
magic power 78
invulnerability 55

allowances 72
**during leveling in Mernoc like Mandrag she died most often 11 times

Maba (witch laurin) 71 level

hit points 690
mage points 413
anti magic 185
anti crit 45
magic power 136
invulnerability 66

allowances 52

Well problem i have to consider how to spend allowances.
In guild i can take maximum per 1 allowance
invulnerability +6
anti magic +3
anti crit +3
magic power +3
hitpoints +3
magepoints +4

Well i need mage points to save mana (Archmage and Master spells are expensive even i will buy only restore potions for everyone even for warriors as a backup), need magic power to hit spell stronger, need invulnerability antimagic and anticrit to be more protected but i have limited allowances.
Can you advise me which statistic should i improve and how much allowances should i spent for it before i go to agyssium. Of course members of my party have different statistic so if someone could tell me for each member separately :bounce:

* Here i put screenshot of my party. I know Winwood is overweight so hes dexterity dropped but if i take from him some unused stuff he will be ok. this screenshots is taken after marina's spell "skill"
Dateianhänge
fate.jpg
fate.jpg (566.31 KiB) 304 mal betrachtet
sircharles

Beitrag von sircharles »

Hi, Nasir,

quite impressive stats here. You neglected to tell us your spell levels, though. As I mentioned time and again, levelling before Agysium is to pimp Alarian stats, not levels! Your levels are way sufficient for the Agysium (I went in at least 20 levels lower then you) but you need magic firepower!
Complaining about missing mana? Well, spread the workload! Marina should be the only one to need restoration potions before you hit the (only, alas) well in the Agysium. OK, maybe one or other potion for the other, as long as they do not get insane or killed.
Your anti-magic is more then decent, it is already almost castle crypt level. I assume you have anti-fire maxed out, so next go for invulnerability. This helps against any kind of damage and pays out even for the crypt.
After that, if you have spares, maybe go for some magic power for the offensive guys and some spare mana for Marina. Anti-crit is not worth the effort.
Oh, and once in a while an additional strenght point may come in handy (for carrying all the neat stuff you are going to find in the crypt - I needed my second party to help with all the looting...)

Hope that helps, regards,
Sir Charles

PS:
I have written a diary about my efforts in Fate2. It's in the "Tagebuch" thread. It's in German, but if there is interest, maybe I coud translate it...
There are some more screenshots in it. :)
nasir
Soldat(in)
Soldat(in)

Beitrag von nasir »

Thanks for help :)

I think my party is good with spells.

Marina has a Master and Archmage
Marina has also full Angel. I wonder if Magewall is good spell in Agyssium. So far i used Block spell by Enchanter

Maba has Master.
Wabeena has Archamge
Toronar has Master and Archamge
Mandrag has Archmage

Yesh all have full antifire protection
What i wonder is why Mandrag and Wabeena died much often compare to rest of party. Others died 1-3 times. I think they have something low. Maybe antimagic ?

I read about Fate 2 and it is sadly unfinished.
i see there is several project on forum to write game from begining but it seems they are abandoned :(

I like games like Fate and Ishar series + Crystals of Arborea especially wilderness in these games. Maybe im not big fan of manga (but i like manga) and fate 1 looks better for me than Olaf Fate 2. This Fate 2 also has too many erotic look characters but it is only my personal opinion :)

SirCharles do You play in any MMO games ? Also do You play in other old games ?
Merope
Ritter/Amazone
Ritter/Amazone

Beitrag von Merope »

Hi Nasir,

i agree with Sir Charles (invulnerability -> magic power -> anti magic).

But no strength. It increases only the physical damage and is so mostly useful for fighters.
How much a character can carry is defined only by his own weight.

Greetings
Merope
sircharles

Beitrag von sircharles »

nasir hat geschrieben: What i wonder is why Mandrag and Wabeena died much often compare to rest of party. Others died 1-3 times. I think they have something low. Maybe antimagic ?
Hi, Nasir,

without even checking your stats, my answer is simple - prime targets!
Your opponents are not stupid! This is an Olaf game, so get your top combatants the best protection you can afford (equipment?) and use all protection you have. Enchanter's Wall spell should be up ALL TIME.

@Merope I still think strength has a limited influence on carrying capability, but I might be confusing this with Fate 2.. ?(

Keep fighting!
Sir Charles
Merope
Ritter/Amazone
Ritter/Amazone

Beitrag von Merope »

sircharles hat geschrieben:@Merope I still think strength has a limited influence on carrying capability, but I might be confusing this with Fate 2.. ?(
I don't want to be considered to be a bossy know-it-all but i'm sure. :D
I tested it with all methods i could think of! :silly:
nasir
Soldat(in)
Soldat(in)

Beitrag von nasir »

Hello Folks :)

Yeah 2 years passed. Lot of changes. I have now 3 kids and less time for fun but still will try to finish this game. :)

How about You Sir Charles and Merope. Are you fine in good health ?

I had to take 2 hours to memorise where i have stopped , read forum and all tactics for Agyssium.
Before i will go to Agyssium i will distribute remaining allowances according to Your advise invunerability> magic power>anti magic.
Must also find where i left boat (it may take some time to walk around shore to find her :))

I have also question. If i have Opal key then dont need to go with two parties to Agyssium right ? One party is enough to finish this part of game ?

Thank You :)

--update.
Found finally boat, upgraded party
Im at begining of 3rd level.

So far nothing special, quite easy, all i use at first spell is Archmage- evilhammer. Almost everything is killed on first shot by this spell, Mandrag is casting as first and drinks resto potions from time to time :)
Sometimes monsters starts first but not hostile much so far. One situation was my Witch has been changed to dummy girl with glases but master heal from Marina helped. No one died so far. :)

Got Heart of stone. Now wish to have instant teleport to surface :)

Ok succesfully traveled with Bergarac heart to Cassida.
According to Pawel Matusz solution i should go to th center of sqare place center of Cassida and before Statue of Bergerac should give Mandrag his heart and Mandrag should release him.

But there is no statue, she has gone !

I read in Uwe soluttion i need to find naristos body , then will be teleported to Cassida dungeons and need find somewhere in Castle dungeons statue of Bergarac.
Also need rescue Morgana here.

So to go there with one party i need to have 2 free slots for those two - Morgana and Bergarac (need to remove 2 of my current party members before i go to castle) . Is that possible to finish castle dungeons with lack of two people ?

*** Update
I have decided to send together Toronar and Winwood
and second part stayed in Cassida to wait until teleport is activated, but i left one slot free
It is beacuse i read Bergarac is quite weak cause his lack of Anti fire, Anti Magic, Invunrealibity and indeed i think he would die fast in 5-7 level dungeons.

So i rescued bergarac and i will give him jagallack to kill whatever : rats, snakes.. in wilderness. He is 88 lev so i think no need to go to Katloch.
I just think if he is fresh 88 lev and didnt killed so much then how will be counted in Altair of Vault, do i need to kill really lot to get small improvement or he will be counted like he is fresh 1 lvl cause almost 0 kills so far ?

Then i will train him anyway and then go togheter for Morgana. I hope Morgana is better trained.
Thanks

[/img]
Dateianhänge
Bergarac.png
Bergarac.png (242.19 KiB) 217 mal betrachtet
sircharles

Beitrag von sircharles »

Hi, Nasir,

sorry for taking so long to respond, been off the board for some time.
First off, Bergarac needs training dearly! His anti-values are horrible (except for anti-magic). But even with lots of training he will not survive past level 5 in the castle dungeon.Too many fire breathers, and Bergie is their favorite target. Put the oldtimer to your backup party and save only one slot for Morganna/Rabby. Keep as much of your veterans as possible.

Best of Luck!
Sir Charles

PS: I forgot. Morganna needs no trainin, she is immortal. Invulnerable. Powerful. Train her anyway for some new spells and some extra spell points.
nasir
Soldat(in)
Soldat(in)

Beitrag von nasir »

Hi SirCharles.

Yes i have escaped with Bergarac from castle dungeons and entered with party once again.
When i finally rescued Morgana i tried to put some armor on her but she refused. It was fun to see ticket inspector runaway from her :D

I finally finished this game :)
Thank You for all tips and time :)
Vyle
Goblin
Goblin

Beitrag von Vyle »

Nasir this was an incredible task!
Congratulations! :top:
nasir
Soldat(in)
Soldat(in)

Beitrag von nasir »

Hello Sir Charles and Merope.
Im gonna go throught the game once again :)
Merope
Ritter/Amazone
Ritter/Amazone

Beitrag von Merope »

Hello Nasir,

wow, that bring's back some memories. :)

Happy to hear that you enjoy the game. :-)

From time to time i look here if something happened.
Always nice to see that the forum is still online and some activities are visible.
It was a great time when so much was going on. Ohh, all the time i spent here and offline with the game.
Fate will always have a special place in my heart. :rolleyes: :wow:

I didn't played it for years now.
After getting a new PC the emulator didn't worked correctly.
And since then i have never tried to install it again on the next new computer.

I saw the discussion with this full package to install Fate.
That looks interesting. But some errors are not avoidable i guess. :engel2:
I think i will look through some older posts now and revel in nostalgia. :roll2: :heul2: :)

Wish you a lot of fun playing Fate. :bounce: :bounce: :top:

Greetings
Merope
Antworten

Zurück zu „Fate - Gates of Dawn“