Castle Crypt

Hier kann man Fragen über Fate stellen, die man schon immer mal beantwortet haben wollte.
Fate 1 - Fanpage

Moderatoren: sircharles, Xajorkith, erni

Antworten
LordNick
Bursche / Magd
Bursche / Magd

Castle Crypt

Beitrag von LordNick »

I didn;t really see what it would like to enter the castle crypt at a low level because I had gained so many levels at the Agysium but even about 8 levels down on the other game it was noticeable.
Also for some reason I had to fight full sets of creatures when I had Winwood and Toronar at the start and I found I had to do an extra level of Alarian training to get the block spell and try again. Last time I seemed to only get either get either a single creature or a couple when I only had two characters. I also noticed that I was much more likely to get status effects particularly frozen and once the stats were affected then they would just put hit after hit.

Then when I got Bergerac I didn't try to see what would happen if I went straight down. The sphere spell will add 50 to Bergerac spheres and probably be enough to make it. The other choice would be to leave Bergerac and go down with the others and back.
With that option you would have to cop the first full wave of the enemy attack whereas Bergerac about 15 levels higher at least seemed to have his go about half way through.
I did split Bergerac into a group by his own and got about 4-6
levels of Alarian training for each class in under 2 hours, then I had to take him to Katloch of course.
I also tested whether the cleric could pray his way out by himself by leaving him behind. I switch back to the cleric cast improve and then he could just pray past every group. Of course you can;t pray your way through the grottos because of the Myrmidon and Mercenary limit but increase wisdom only and that could be the fastest way to finish the game if you don't mind skipping all the fights after the Grottos.
TerMoron
Frischfleisch
Beitrag von TerMoron »

I'd the same Bugs - full sets of Monsters etc.
LordNick
Bursche / Magd
Bursche / Magd

Beitrag von LordNick »

TerMoron hat geschrieben:I'd the same Bugs - full sets of Monsters etc.
The first time I did the Castle Crypt I had it much easier with the two characters with only a couple of creatures max and a lot of singles.. Then I left Toronar at the bottom of the Castle Crypt and he was my only crystal user, and I though I will just test how effective these crystals are on the end of game demons. Then suprisingly I found that with Toronar by himself the same thing was happening. One demon at a time.
Then it even was happening with the demons, so I got the rest of the group back reunited with Toronar to get large groups of demons and just had him use the crystals, all the demons did was like the same effects as a grope, you will wipe out a percentage of the demons each time and effect others, but you will need heaps of crystals to get through all of them. This was with magic power of 230 and improve then I increased it to 250 and tried again and could not notice a difference.
so the bit in the walkthrough about buying crystals makes no sense either.
sircharles

Re: Castle Crypt

Beitrag von sircharles »

Allright, LordNick,

I don't see any questions here, but some comments are warranted. :)
LordNick hat geschrieben:I didn;t really see what it would like to enter the castle crypt at a low level because I had gained so many levels at the Agysium but even about 8 levels down on the other game it was noticeable.
Also for some reason I had to fight full sets of creatures when I had Winwood and Toronar at the start and I found I had to do an extra level of Alarian training to get the block spell and try again. Last time I seemed to only get either get either a single creature or a couple when I only had two characters. I also noticed that I was much more likely to get status effects particularly frozen and once the stats were affected then they would just put hit after hit.
That's a normal game effect. The less powerful you are, the fewer opponents you get. Gives you at least a decent chance to survive and escape. Lower levels down Olaf was not merciful any more!
LordNick hat geschrieben:Then when I got Bergerac I didn't try to see what would happen if I went straight down. The sphere spell will add 50 to Bergerac spheres and probably be enough to make it. The other choice would be to leave Bergerac and go down with the others and back.
Sorry, but Bergarac's level does NOT help you in any way! His equipment is woefully inadequate, and his stats are simply lousy! Yes, due to his experience he gets an early turn, but once you advance past level 7 Bergarac will be dead before his first turn!
Simply lead the old man up to the surface, have him take some decent Alarian training (easy with his magical prowess) and just keep him away from the crypt.
LordNick hat geschrieben:With that option you would have to cop the first full wave of the enemy attack whereas Bergerac about 15 levels higher at least seemed to have his go about half way through.
Yes he does, but he won't survive for long as you go deeper. See above.
LordNick hat geschrieben:I did split Bergerac into a group by his own and got about 4-6
levels of Alarian training for each class in under 2 hours, then I had to take him to Katloch of course.
Usual for the crypt. Besides, Bergarac's main problems are his weak defences - especially anti-fire. His anti-magic may be sufficient since in the crypt magic is not used that much, but fire is deadly - even against max anti-fire!
LordNick hat geschrieben:I also tested whether the cleric could pray his way out by himself by leaving him behind. I switch back to the cleric cast improve and then he could just pray past every group. Of course you can;t pray your way through the grottos because of the Myrmidon and Mercenary limit but increase wisdom only and that could be the fastest way to finish the game if you don't mind skipping all the fights after the Grottos.
Well, Merope found that out too, and she thought it kind of a cheat on yourself. Yes, it is possible but takes all the fun out of the game.

Keep on fighting!

Sir Charles
Antworten

Zurück zu „Fate - Gates of Dawn“