Fate Gates of dawn, english version

Hier kann man Fragen über Fate stellen, die man schon immer mal beantwortet haben wollte.
Fate 1 - Fanpage

Moderatoren: sircharles, Xajorkith, erni

Antworten
erni

Fate Gates of dawn, english version

Beitrag von erni »

Gibt es eine englische Version, die zur Verfügung gestellt werden kann?
Und gibt es weiterhin die originalen Handbücher in englisch?

Wenn ja, dann sollten auch diese Versionen hier zum download zur Verfügung gestellt werden.
Zuletzt geändert von erni am Sa 25.01.2014 - 20:29, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
sircharles

Beitrag von sircharles »

Hi, Erni,

ich hab eine englische Version für den Emu am laufen, aber woher ich die habe... ?(
Vielleicht von Xajo. Die englischen Manuals habe ich sicher von Xajo, muss sie nur ausgraben. Mal schauen, was ich in den nächsten Tagen zusammenstellen kann.

Gruß,
Sir Charles
nasir
Soldat(in)
Soldat(in)

Beitrag von nasir »

I have english version on emulator with fate on harddisk.
Solution and all materials i took from http://dungeony.rpghry.cz/fate/.
The rest like item list i translated partially from german language.
Rangerous the Second
Goblin
Goblin

I use dungeony edition; two significant bugs noted

Beitrag von Rangerous the Second »

I am indebted to RUNETEK 98 for making Fate and WinUAE easily accessible. His site made it very easy for me, a Fate noob, to have enjoyed Fate for these past 6 months or so.

The following notes pertain to:
Fate: Gates of Dawn (c) 1991 reLINE
Installed by Psygore
Version 1.0 (24 Nov 2008)
WHDLoad 18.2.5735
Running under WinUAE 3.3.0 (2016.06.06)

These two known bugs are consistently observed under this combination.

1) WinUAE Debug search feature continually re-searches the same Z3 memory. This is avoided by not allocating Z3 memory under WinUAE configuration.

2) One Fate encounter option usually causes Fate memory corruption and system crash. Sometimes in an encounter, only when the person is favorably inclined to provide an answer, upon choosing (4) Talk, (1) Ask for, (8) Self, 'Would you like to tell me something about yourself?', often the windows to the right (your choices) and bottom (their responses) go blank for several minutes, and no keypress has any effect. After a few minutes, if you regain control of the game, your party's names have become something like: "(s25wg!" If you continue playing, the game will crash hard, soon. This is somewhat disappointing, because this inaccessible option would otherwise be a nice way to understand special abilities of prospective party members, during recruitment.

I have been looking for an alternative English load because of these two bugs. I noted a 2014 upload in the forums, but haven't been able to get it to run successfully. I am reluctant to uninstall my WinUAE, because otherwise it works fine, and the 2014 forum entry freezes when its icon is selected in my current WinUAE.

(Edit one day later: mightandmagicworld's "Megapaket-Fate - Gates of Dawn" download does not experience the recruitment option (8) bug. Thanks for another nice benefit from these boards!)
Antworten

Zurück zu „Fate - Gates of Dawn“