Beginer question.

Hier kann man Fragen über Fate stellen, die man schon immer mal beantwortet haben wollte.
Fate 1 - Fanpage

Moderatoren: sircharles, Xajorkith, erni

sircharles

Beitrag von sircharles »

Hi, Nasir.
nasir hat geschrieben:i have plan to get experience faster. I will try to go to Katloch city by day to avoid ingrols, but i will invest my allowances to increase dexterity and skill for all party even mages. This should give me advance start fighting first. If fight will begin from Winwood or Mandrag i can kill them before they kill someone from my party.
Not a bad idea, but it might turn out tough to accomplish. The main driving force in getting in first is experience, and the monsters in the tougher areas usually have an advantage. Worth a try, though.
nasir hat geschrieben:Sircharles You wrote that i should use spell "wall" against cyklops but i dont see that spell in enchanter spellbook.
Blast, that's a translation problem. In German it's "Schutzwand" which basically translates to "protection wall", but in English it's "Block". Believe me, its very effective. :)
nasir hat geschrieben:Do i need another party to finish the game ? I have only one, + two characters who keeps my unused stuff.
I read on Aggysium topic that second party is necessary, but im not sure cause google translator is not so good.
No, you do not need another party. However, it might be quite useful to have a (battle-trained) backup troop if your main party gets stuck somewhere. It happened to me in the Agysium, and I think this is what the thread was about. At that time I simply did not want to reload and bailed my top party out with the help of the second. And besides, what to do with all the neat stuff that keeps piling up? :)
Oh, and one other thing. I usually put my troops to rest in a nice hotel when they get tired, and with a second party around it gives me something to do...

Greetings,
Sir Charles
nasir
Soldat(in)
Soldat(in)

Beitrag von nasir »

Hello Everyone. Im back after a year brake. I know it is funny i have made break many times, but i promised myself to finish this game :)

Now i have about 200 anti fire. May I ask You if it is enough for Katloch and Mernoc ? Now i will try to get last part of Moonwand in Mernoc. How much of antifire should i get to finish game ?

Sometimes when im thinking of that game i feel Olaf made some secret places. It is strange but i feel there must be some. I wonder do You discover these ? :)

Greetings
Merope
Ritter/Amazone
Ritter/Amazone

Beitrag von Merope »

Hi nasir,
nasir hat geschrieben:Now i have about 200 anti fire. May I ask You if it is enough for Katloch and Mernoc ? How much of antifire should i get to finish game ?
That should be enough. If the level of your chars are not to low!?

If you encounter Ingrols or Bog Ingrols concentrate on them first!
For example the Banshee spell "Madness" is great to incapacitate these (and all other :wink: ) monsters. :D

Almost forgot: Ingrols and Bog Ingrols only at night in Katloch and by day in Mernoc!

Have fun! 8)

Greetings
Merope
sircharles

Beitrag von sircharles »

Hi, Nasir,
nasir hat geschrieben:Hello Everyone. Im back after a year brake. I know it is funny i have made break many times, but i promised myself to finish this game :)
Good to have you back! :)
nasir hat geschrieben:Now i have about 200 anti fire. May I ask You if it is enough for Katloch and Mernoc ? Now i will try to get last part of Moonwand in Mernoc. How much of antifire should i get to finish game ?
Well, Merope might be right in case of Mernoc/Katloch (and I do not fully agree even there) but to finish the game you need maximum. In the final dungeon below Cassida you will met flamethrowers that make Ingrols look like hand lighters. They sometimes blow through max protection with several hundreds of damage!
nasir hat geschrieben: Sometimes when im thinking of that game i feel Olaf made some secret places. It is strange but i feel there must be some. I wonder do You discover these ? :)
Lots of try and error. And a whole community of crazy people who do the same. Over years. Between all the lunatics among us, I think we found all the gimmicks Olaf has hidden (at least in F1, I still investigate some in F2, but that's another story... :D )

Greetings,

Sir Charles
nasir
Soldat(in)
Soldat(in)

Beitrag von nasir »

Thanks for reply :)

My company has:
Winwood 45 lvl
Mandrag 46
Toronar 37 i wonder why so low , he is almosst from the begining in party and at first part he was base fighter in my party.
Warior paladin - 41
Marina 37
Witch - 34
Banshee - 36

I hope is it enought for this stage of game

Ok, i have maximum antifire protection now 253 points for all party members. I have still some allowance to improve other statistic. What is next important to be worth spent allowances ? In what should I invest now ?

So all in fate 1 is discovered. You said fate 2 so it means project of fate 2 has been rewived ?

One more ask :)
I downloaded latest karteneditor, and i tried to use it but , only i could do only import map. When clicked import map, windows explorer popup and ask me to show destination for specific type of file. i didnt had any file so cancelled. After i cancelled import operation i got access to many maps but it there was only maps without information where guilds, banks, portals ect. Only blank maps. How to get maps with these informations ?

I have windows 8, maybe it is the problem with. ?
sircharles

Beitrag von sircharles »

nasir hat geschrieben: My company has:
Winwood 45 lvl
Mandrag 46
Toronar 37 i wonder why so low , he is almosst from the begining in party and at first part he was base fighter in my party.
Warior paladin - 41
Marina 37
Witch - 34
Banshee - 36

I hope is it enought for this stage of game
It should be, if you have the truly powerful spells. At least one of your team should have access to the master spells now. Remember, Alarian is good for bonus spells...
Toronar is a slow advancer, and he comes with a quite high level but low experience, so he has a lot to catch up. Don't worry, once he has access to the master spells he will be a prime asset. :)
nasir hat geschrieben:Ok, i have maximum antifire protection now 253 points for all party members. I have still some allowance to improve other statistic. What is next important to be worth spent allowances ? In what should I invest now ?
There are some that suggest skill/dexterity to max, but I prefer antimagic to at least 200 (useful in Agysium, a lifesaver in the castle).
nasir hat geschrieben:So all in fate 1 is discovered. You said fate 2 so it means project of fate 2 has been rewived ?
No, that only means there is a lunatic that is still playing the game...:)
nasir hat geschrieben:One more ask :)
I downloaded latest karteneditor, and i tried to use it but , only i could do only import map. When clicked import map, windows explorer popup and ask me to show destination for specific type of file. i didnt had any file so cancelled. After i cancelled import operation i got access to many maps but it there was only maps without information where guilds, banks, portals ect. Only blank maps. How to get maps with these informations ?

I have windows 8, maybe it is the problem with. ?
I doubt it has anything to do with the windows version. I am not familiar with grischu's latest and greatest, but I assume you need the ".mit" files. These contain the annotations. Grischu's prog retrieves the map layout from the game itself. I attach my own set so you have something to start with. Should be pretty up to date, but if somebody has something better (Sir Twist?) please chime in.

Greetings,
Sir Charles
Dateianhänge
Mapfiles.zip
(31.82 KiB) 210-mal heruntergeladen
nasir
Soldat(in)
Soldat(in)

Beitrag von nasir »

Thank You for answer and data for karteneditor :)

I will try to get maximum antimagic protection, rest i will put in dexterity and skill.

Fighting with ingrols are challenging for me. Sometimes they are immune for all type of attack, magic and melee weapon.
It is strange when i fight with last 2 ingrols and cannot hit or spell cause everything they repulse. Even if they dont repulse powerfull spell EvilHammer dont kill them even they got 3000-4000 damage. But i found solution to get rid of them :) When i see they cannot be killed and are immune for everything i turn my mele characters into berserks. Winwood as a berserk and Paladin dont use warp hammer and dont attack whole party. They hit one Ingrol but they kill him instantly so i can easily survive if i have even 7 ingrols. Every turn 2 dies from Winwood and paladin. :)
sircharles

Beitrag von sircharles »

Hi, Nasir,

get into the habit of preparing your opponents. You will need this tactic in the Agysium anyway. Hit them with afflicting spells (madness, poison, whatever). Then you can get them with critical magic hits. The perfect combination is the Master:Madness (I hope this is correct, it is spell 4 in the Master list) followed by Archmage:Evil Hammer (Spell 10). Nobody survives this. Believe me.:)

Greetings,
Sir Charles
nasir
Soldat(in)
Soldat(in)

Beitrag von nasir »

Yes, im using this tactic, but sometimes before i cast madness spell (Banshee) they are already immuned for everything (they always start fighting first - i think i have still low level) so turning Winwood and my paladin into berserks is very helpfull for me.

May I ask about crystals, is it worth to learn how to use them ?
If worth so is one mage enough or all casters should learn this ?

Im thinking about some actions my party can do. For example laugh, close eyes...ect. So far nothing happened when i choosen such actions, but maybe thy are important for some cases.
sircharles

Beitrag von sircharles »

nasir hat geschrieben:Yes, im using this tactic, but sometimes before i cast madness spell (Banshee) they are already immuned for everything (they always start fighting first - i think i have still low level) so turning Winwood and my paladin into berserks is very helpfull for me.
Well, you probably lack magic power. Choose spells with a high MK rating by itself. Archmage:Poison might be a good choice, or the Master spell.
nasir hat geschrieben:May I ask about crystals, is it worth to learn how to use them ?
Well, yes and no. It is a good way for defensive mages to gain wizard hits for Alarian, but the ability comes at a cost of three spell allowances. One class (Druid I think) has the ability for free, so you could hire one, hand him/her some crystals and experiment a little. The power of the demon depends mostly on magic power, but high intelligence and wisdom is helpful, too.
nasir hat geschrieben:If worth so is one mage enough or all casters should learn this ?
It is only useful for casters who lack offensive damage spells. These can gain Alarian stats this way. For the offensive casters it is just a waste of spell allowances.
nasir hat geschrieben:Im thinking about some actions my party can do. For example laugh, close eyes...ect. So far nothing happened when i choosen such actions, but maybe thy are important for some cases.
No, they are not. They are just jokes of Olaf. :))

Greetings,
Sir Charles
nasir
Soldat(in)
Soldat(in)

Beitrag von nasir »

It is me again :)

I had problem with Winwood and paladin, they instantly died, but i handled it turned them back from berserker to normal :)

Now im close to Mernoc. im going for errin staff , when i landed by ship close Mernoc, a spell has been casted and something happened. unfortunately text fast scrolled out and disappeared so i couldnt read what happened. I hope nothing wrong.

Well, a naked lady visited me once again asked for password, she asked for mage power of banshee spell Freeze!. On http://dungeony.rpghry.cz/fate/ there is information magic power is 138, but i had no such number too chose. I had only option to choose between 78-96, so im confused. I immediately quit emulator. I hope next time she will ask me good question.

*Today i load last state of game and after few minutes naked lady popped and asked me what is magic power of valkirye spell BLAST. I checked on site and read it should be 14 but possible answers are from 115-150. I think game messed up ?(
sircharles

Beitrag von sircharles »

Hi, Nasir,

nope, the game has not messed up. You just had an incredible spell of bad luck. You got bitten twice in a row by an error on runetek's page. Banshee:Freeze is copy/paste error from previous spell, magic power should read 95. Valkyrie:Blast should read 145, simple typo.
I will check runetek for more errors and post them asap. :D

BTW, belated birthday greetings,
Sir Charles
sircharles

Beitrag von sircharles »

Alright, Nasir,

what I have found:

Archmage
Spell missing:
VERBLÖDEN 8 fern AG 115 d - K
between Stonefist and Poison!

Banshee
copy/paste error from Unprotect
FREEZE 31 10m AG 95 k - K

Conjurer
Last spell missing
ANTIMAGIE 14 16m GG 185 d - K

Elementary
Zaptraps before Zaprain

Sorcerer
FREEZE 5 14m G 50 a 50-81 K

Valkyrie
BLAST 6 12rn G 145 a 100-220 K
WEAPON 29 - P - m - A
REVMAGIC 65 fern AG 185 a - K
[runetek has the MK for WEAPON]

Wizard
ICECLOUD 7 fern G 70 sk - K
ARMORWHAM 11 10m GG 83 d - K
SHOCK 15 10m G 355 a - K

Hope that helps,
Sir Charles
sircharles

Beitrag von sircharles »

nasir hat geschrieben:I had problem with Winwood and paladin, they instantly died, but i handled it turned them back from berserker to normal :)
Oops, I forgot...:)
If you turn someone into a berserk, you must turn them back!
Otherwise they will die. Well, I assumed you know that...?)
nasir hat geschrieben:Now im close to Mernoc. im going for errin staff , when i landed by ship close Mernoc, a spell has been casted and something happened. unfortunately text fast scrolled out and disappeared so i couldnt read what happened. I hope nothing wrong.
No, nothing went wrong. When you advance to Mernoc you enter the outer forbidden zone. Remember what you have been told? You need a mage of Cassida to enter it! Well, Mandrag is the one. Whenever you enter the outer forbidden zone, Mandrag casts a spell to save yuor ass. That's what happened. Bergarac (later) can do the same. But both are useless when you need to enter the inner forbidden zone - that's Morganna's job. :D

Greetings,
Sir Charles
nasir
Soldat(in)
Soldat(in)

Beitrag von nasir »

Thank You for answer.
Yes i realised it was just mistake after girl asked me 3rd time finally for question i could respond :)

Now i have all parts on moonwand so need do go north of spectre to chamber of lhanis.

Next step will be rescue Bergarack , i read his heart is deep in Agyssium.

My party have full antifire protection, then i will try to maximize antimagic protection, and give Winwood some strenght cause he carry two heavy armor so he is overweight. half of my part has 50 lvl
I hope it is enough for agyssium. :)

I would like also to push up dexterity and skill, but i have german list of guilds (from this forum) and google translator translate Geschick both as skill and dexterity, can you tell me best guild for skill and best for dexterity ?

*** Hmm i casted many times strenght on winwood, and his stenght are far bigger , but still he cannot carry more than his basic abilities. I will not spend allowances on strenght in a guild and i will have to drop one of armour cause his dexterity and skill dropped a lot because of overweight.
sircharles

Beitrag von sircharles »

nasir hat geschrieben: My party have full antifire protection, then i will try to maximize antimagic protection, and give Winwood some strenght cause he carry two heavy armor so he is overweight. half of my part has 50 lvl
I hope it is enough for agyssium. :)
Only half? Could get tough. Do not enter the Agysium unless you have two competent casters with Master spells. Marina should have them by now, best candidates next are witch or monk (or cleric or fairy). You need the 10th spell (the big healing spell) for at least one of them, better two.
nasir hat geschrieben:I would like also to push up dexterity and skill, but i have german list of guilds (from this forum) and google translator translate Geschick both as skill and dexterity, can you tell me best guild for skill and best for dexterity ?
Quick answer to read the german manual: Gesch A is skill, Gesch V is dexterity. Best guilds are in Larvin (Masters, 21E 47N via catacombs) for skill and Pirate rock (Black Souls) for dexterity.
nasir hat geschrieben:*** Hmm i casted many times strenght on winwood, and his stenght are far bigger , but still he cannot carry more than his basic abilities. I will not spend allowances on strenght in a guild and i will have to drop one of armour cause his dexterity and skill dropped a lot because of overweight.
Sorry, doesn't work like that. Strenght is an important part of carrying capacity, but that will only rise when you gain a level. If so, strength has some impact on how much you gain. Improving strength by magic won't help you here. It does help for strength-related tasks like rescuing Toronar or maybe forcing a door, though. By now you should own lots of armour that would not overburden him, anyway. Just don't go for the really big ones like the Styx (whatever). :)
Remember, AC is the least thing you have to worry from now on. Just get your characters decently equipped (green bar) and be done with it. If they hit you, they will do so despite all the steel you are carrying. Think about spending some allowances on invulnerability (good price for money in Katloch).
Final hint - try to get a few Alarian boni before the Agysium.

Best of luck!
Sir Charles
nasir
Soldat(in)
Soldat(in)

Beitrag von nasir »

Hmm i checked my stats and look like this:

Winwood has 51
Mandrag 50
Toronar 43
Paladin Giant 48
Marina 43
Banshee Pheyd 39 - she is dying often, maybe i should try to replace her but i wonder if i can recruit someone more experienced.
problem with this banshee is she cast rarely spells during battle, because before her turn comes all enemies are defeated.
Anyway she will be replaced when i get Bergerac.

Witch - Laurin - 41

Well i was too optimistic, it is not even half. Nobody in my party even started to explore Master tree spell. I think i have to practice in Mernoc, i think it is fastest way to get experience.

Mandrag has no good antimagic protection has only 112 points.

I will give back dreamstone to npc in Larones, and visit alarian chamber.

Then i will go to Mernoc to kill some :)
sircharles

Beitrag von sircharles »

Hi, Nasir,

nope, you are heading the wrong way. Do not put all emphasis on experience. That can come later. If by now you have not even started a Master, get Alarian experience. Lots. Go somewhere where hordes are waiting and hit them with spells, items and whatever. Good place is the chamber in level 1 of the grottos with a lot of enemies and the chamber of frogs down in level 2. Should not be a problem for your team. And let your powerhitters do less damage (easier spells, for instance) to let your banshee acquire some magic kills. Other places to visit are the chambers of Razamon in the catacombs (the hordes yield good money as a nice side effect) and Demon Tower (lots of ghosts) and the wood of Rurbenock (plenty of dwarves, lots of money). Prefer magic hits (for Marina, the Monk:Slime on larger groups) over items (next best, jaggalak comes in handy) over weapons. Pimp your spellcasters in any way possible. If you do it right, there should be 20+ Spells in the pipeline each. Get those and then go for experience. :D
Believe me, my levels weren't much better than yours, but I did my homework better. Oh, and a good way for Marina to gain magic hits is to hunt snakes and rats in the swamps east of Valvice.
If you need any hints on how to best pimp Alarian, just ask (Merope's Kompendium is all German, I'm afraid, and to completely translate it I don't have enough time right now :( ).

Just carry on!
Sir Charles
nasir
Soldat(in)
Soldat(in)

Beitrag von nasir »

Ok understand, so i should go kill as much as possible, but easy to kill by Marina. Somewhere i read that Alarian gives bonus only twice. (maybe im wrong), if so then marina visited Alarian twice already and she will not get addidional allowances. Mandrag, banshee, and Witch were one time only.
sircharles

Beitrag von sircharles »

nasir hat geschrieben:Ok understand, so i should go kill as much as possible, but easy to kill by Marina. Somewhere i read that Alarian gives bonus only twice. (maybe im wrong), if so then marina visited Alarian twice already and she will not get addidional allowances. Mandrag, banshee, and Witch were one time only.
No, Nasir,

this is a misunderstanding (or maybe mistranslation).
"Twice" comes into play when you stand in front of the altar for the first time. You step up, get healed, and that's it. If you step up immediately a second time, you receive all boni that you currently qualify for. From then on, you will get your boni directly.
As your fighting stats grow, you can achieve boni endlessly (in theory :)) ).

Happy fighting!
Sir Charles
Antworten

Zurück zu „Fate - Gates of Dawn“