Beginer question.

Hier kann man Fragen über Fate stellen, die man schon immer mal beantwortet haben wollte.
Fate 1 - Fanpage

Moderatoren: sircharles, Xajorkith, erni

Antworten
nasir
Soldat(in)
Soldat(in)

Beginer question.

Beitrag von nasir »

Im reading walktrough by Uwe Brueckner. According to instruction i have to pull up dead Toronar from hole but i have no enough strength. Uwe invited a magician to help by casting "strenght" spell. Finally i managet to meet and join to party my female mage but she have only ENTANGLE, ARMOR,PARALYSE and FOG but no Strenght spell. Can You help me and tell how she can learn missing spell ?

I checked her statistic and i have permission (after she gained level up) for one spell, but no idea how to learn it. ?

greetings
Abyss
Titan(in)
Titan(in)

Beitrag von Abyss »

Uhh .. My English is terrible.
I will try it.
Try to find a Warlok. Transform a character into a berserker.

Berserkers are incredibly strong.

Send the Berserker in the hole.

The best you transform a giant or Zarak.
Cassie
König(in)
König(in)

Beitrag von Cassie »

No, Abyss, actually, that was quite good. :D Slight correction, but I think, nasir got the gist:

"The best races you can transform are a giant or Zarak."
Breuna-Counter
Bild
"Niemand hat die Absicht, Weltmeister zu werden." :D
sircharles

Beitrag von sircharles »

Hi, Nasir,

first of all, welcome to our community. You will see that we have no (big) trouble dealing with English.

Basically Abyss is right, but the spell needed here is the ninth of the Warlock, and if your Magician has only 4 spells when you hired her, a warlock will not be much better.
To learn the spell you need to go into a guild.
As a matter of fact you might be better off with your magician, she will learn the "Strength" spell a bit earlier.

Oh, and be aware: Brückner is quite good, but he does not cover all you can see and do in the game!

Greetings,
Sir Charles
nasir
Soldat(in)
Soldat(in)

Beitrag von nasir »

sircharles hat geschrieben:Hi, Nasir,
first of all, welcome to our community. You will see that we have no (big) trouble dealing with English.

thanks for welcome and reply for all of You.
sircharles hat geschrieben: Basically Abyss is right, but the spell needed here is the ninth of the Warlock, and if your Magician has only 4 spells when you hired her, a warlock will not be much better.

I see that means my magician will get proper spell sooner
sircharles hat geschrieben: To learn the spell you need to go into a guild.

About guilds i must admin i didnt try, cause i read list of guilds and there were listed bonuses like +mage points +dexterity ect, but now i will try.
sircharles hat geschrieben: Oh, and be aware: Brückner is quite good, but he does not cover all you can see and do in the game!
Yeah i noticed when i last tried to finish that game, i have also Paweł Matusz solution , so rely on both, cause im a beginer and Paweł's solution is more detail "step by step", i have also maps from runetek site. I wish to know more about that game or be experienced enough to finish game without walkthrougs. There is sticked here a good compendium written by Merope, i try to read that by google translator so i read some interesting news like for example race is crucial thing how much experience character must get to gain level up or about how to use fountain of Youth.

I read also on Runetek that good for party are banshee, warlocks (toronar) , mages with mindwarp spell or races like witch.
sircharles

Beitrag von sircharles »

Hi, Nasir,

I agree, Pawel's is also a nice read. Brückner is more a story than a guideline.
Nevertheless, the best information you can gain is here in the forum. We have gathered lots of stuff (sadly, all in German), so if you are interested in certain information I can easily translate that to English for you (may take a day or two depending on the size).
As far as I remember the item information uses the English names, so that could already be helpful.

Good luck!
Sir Charles
nasir
Soldat(in)
Soldat(in)

Beitrag von nasir »

sircharles hat geschrieben:Hi, Nasir,

I agree, Pawel's is also a nice read. Brückner is more a story than a guideline.
Nevertheless, the best information you can gain is here in the forum. We have gathered lots of stuff (sadly, all in German), so if you are interested in certain information I can easily translate that to English for you (may take a day or two depending on the size).
As far as I remember the item information uses the English names, so that could already be helpful.

Good luck!
Sir Charles
Thank You.
Now i managed to pull out toronar wrom the hole and joined him to party. It is incredible he has also banshee and valkyre spells, now fight is much more easier. When i find some grall wizards then i ignore them, this provoke them to fight and thanks to power of toronar i can collect much more money then before. :)
I read bank of chaos is good for keeping money but i wonder which deposit is good, now i have 20000 piaster. maybe it is not much but i have never had such money before.
nasir
Soldat(in)
Soldat(in)

Beitrag von nasir »

Cassie hat geschrieben:No, Abyss, actually, that was quite good. :D Slight correction, but I think, nasir got the gist:

"The best races you can transform are a giant or Zarak."
Yes i got.
Actually im not perfect in english just enough to understand :)
sircharles

Beitrag von sircharles »

nasir hat geschrieben:I read bank of chaos is good for keeping money but i wonder which deposit is good, now i have 20000 piaster. maybe it is not much but i have never had such money before.
Hi, Nasir,

forget banks for the moment. You need your money for learning (you rise quite quickly in levels at the beginning and won't want to miss a new spell). There is a list of the various guilds and which are cheapest for spells or spell classes. Be careful not to waste money.
A bank can become interesting if you have at least 100.000p *to spare* :) . This will not be in the near future. But you can get nice interest in the Iron Tower Bank for the most restrictive account (access to cash only twice a month). Park some money there and in a month you double it. But in the same time you will have earned much much more by other means.
Some of our experts here never bothered with banks.
Late in the game when you are really wealthy you can open an account where all parties have access. Good place to park some emergency money there.
For the moment ignore banks and protect your cash yourself... :))

Good luck!
Sir Charles
nasir
Soldat(in)
Soldat(in)

Beitrag von nasir »

sircharles hat geschrieben:
For the moment ignore banks and protect your cash yourself... :))

Good luck!
Sir Charles
Yes that is why i try to eliminate thieves first :)

My magician has posibility to learn how to use magic crystals in guild. Is it recommended at this time to learn it ? (im in preparation to descent to the catacombs under Larvin and meet druid Mulradin)

I found i lot of weapons and armors which are not listed on runetek site so i cannot compare its properities. For example i dont know if new weapon is better , shall i sell it or keep ?
Is somewhere a extended list of items (armor/weapon) to compare ?

Thank You for answering. :bounce: :winken:
sircharles

Beitrag von sircharles »

Hi, Nasir!
nasir hat geschrieben:My magician has posibility to learn how to use magic crystals in guild. Is it recommended at this time to learn it ? (im in preparation to descent to the catacombs under Larvin and meet druid Mulradin)
Definitely not! Learning this will cost you 3 spell learning abilities, and you are in a game phase where you need every spell you can learn! Once you have solved a few quests and visited Alarian, you *might* have some spells to spare. I usually don't. OK, it is a possibility for healers to gain access to wizard type hits, though.
Do not waste them on decent offensive spellcasters.
[Edit] I forgot: for this quest ensure you have a hard hitter. Best to have at this point in time is a Ninja. You will not be able to make much magical damage, so you need fighters to help.
nasir hat geschrieben:I found i lot of weapons and armors which are not listed on runetek site so i cannot compare its properities. For example i dont know if new weapon is better , shall i sell it or keep ?
Is somewhere a extended list of items (armor/weapon) to compare ?
Have a look here. You should find almost anything you need to know about items. Should be the English names. If that doesn' help, tell me.

Greetings,
Sir Charles
nasir
Soldat(in)
Soldat(in)

Beitrag von nasir »

Thank you for link. I will first learn all spell.

Uch. I stuck in game...

Im in catacomb level 2 standing by a heavy boulder. This boulder covers entrance to 3rd level. On Paweł Matusz instruction i should press S! marked swith on map and boulder should disappear.
Here is a map http://dungeony.rpghry.cz/fate/pmcat2.jpg

But it didnt.
On Uwe solution i should drink potion of strenght and then push it.
I tried various combination.
1. Press S! marked swith only and drink and cast spell strenght which gives 70 str on Winwood. But when i press it wont move.
2. Press other swithes but not S! marked and drink and cast but no effect.

I think im near but miss something.

I tried to help myself i translated english word BOULDER and got german word FELSBLOCK then used search this forum by this word but got one thread and unfortunately it wasnt that i looked for

Im sorry for bothering You i promise till end of week i wont ask again :)

I have also save from my fate game. i made it just after entered to that room.
Dateianhänge
razz2.rar
(1.89 KiB) 472-mal heruntergeladen
sircharles

Beitrag von sircharles »

Hi, Nasir,

as far as I can tell, you are at the right switch. Ignore all others, they are fakes.
Now, as far as I know, Strength around 30 should do the trick. But I am not sure about magically enhanced strength. Try to hire some Powerguy.

[Edit] Oh, by the way, stop bothering translating and searching, just ask! I'm in here daily. And I do *not* mind questions, I appreciate them!

Keep on!
Sir Charles.
nasir
Soldat(in)
Soldat(in)

Beitrag von nasir »

Thank You. Now i finally managed to get. Now i can enter level 3 on catacombs :)
nasir
Soldat(in)
Soldat(in)

Beitrag von nasir »

Hi everyone.
I finally pass through first catacombs and found myself on isle in Larvin. I spoke to some people and got finally clue from druid to get innocent girl and special staff. I found dead girl Marina, managed to revive her.

Now im preparing to enter to second catacombs.

One time i sent my magician to listen around tavern and she brought a new character.
She is 8 lev class paladin race giant. I would like to ask is she good , i mean race and class ? She has much more strenght about 28 and my 8 lev Winwood only 19.

Is fountain of Youth only makes people Younger ?
My new paladin has 33 years old and when she drinks water she is only 23 year old on statistic, as far i understood some statistic should grow up but it doesnt except age and nicer portrait :).
I also joined for a test a 63 years old warlock, after she drank few times from fountain her age droppef to 23 years old and picture has changed but not other statistic.

Have good week :)
sircharles

Beitrag von sircharles »

Hi, Nasir,
nasir hat geschrieben: One time i sent my magician to listen around tavern and she brought a new character.
She is 8 lev class paladin race giant. I would like to ask is she good , i mean race and class ? She has much more strenght about 28 and my 8 lev Winwood only 19.

Not a bad choiche. A Giant Paladin gives a good fighter plus good item options. Carrying strenght is just a bonus.
If you don't have a *much* better fighter, keep her.
nasir hat geschrieben:Is fountain of Youth only makes people Younger ?
My new paladin has 33 years old and when she drinks water she is only 23 year old on statistic, as far i understood some statistic should grow up but it doesnt except age and nicer portrait :).
I also joined for a test a 63 years old warlock, after she drank few times from fountain her age droppef to 23 years old and picture has changed but not other statistic.
Easy, Nasir, youth fountain does not work the simple way. Yes, you get all the bonuses from getting younger, but you will have to regenerate to see them. Guessing your Warlock - she probably did not get all of them, since they were way too much... :))

When working the Fountain, it is a good idea to visit a guild in between just to check what you have achieved... :)

Greetings,
Sir Charles
nasir
Soldat(in)
Soldat(in)

Beitrag von nasir »

Thank You very much for reply.

I just finished next step in game progress. Now i managed to go through catacombs and found myself on central isle of Larvin. I spoke to Tinius , activated teleports, and found gathalak so im in preparation now to descent to 7th level on catacombs and kill Miras Athran.

During walking through catacombs i found some extra weapons , armors, and items. Also collected about 200000 piaster so i wonder how to spend them before some ugly guys take them from me :)

I read that Master Guild increases 3 point per level so i got there through catacombs and found that i can improve SKILL.
Now i checked that skill is how good i use weapon or make sneaky attack. I wonder is it good atribute for melee characters ?
Is it worth to sacrifice allowance of improvements i got everytime i got level up ?

Which atributes are most important for mages and mele characters so i should improve them first ? Or maybe there is no one important and i should iprove all ? I know that for example atributes like wisdom , inteligence are important for casters but im not sure are eqal important.
How is about strategy of improving characters in guilds ?

Happy Easter :)
Merope
Ritter/Amazone
Ritter/Amazone

Beitrag von Merope »

Hi Nasir,

to protect your money you could create a new party, give them the money and let them stay at a save place ( for example the entrance to Larvin :wink: ).

Concerning the attributes i wrote something in the compendium with a little rating * -> ****. Here a short summary:

Strength (**): Increases the damage of melee attacks.
Stamina (*): Of no real importance. It determines how quickly the hitpoints are regenerating.
Dexterity (****): Defense rating. Chars harder to get hit by opponents.
Skill (****): Important for melee chars (attack rating).
Dex and Skill influence the order during a fight.
Intelligence (***): No effect by casters. Needed for "Tricks" and is important for evoking demons from crystals.
Wisdom (**). Influences the regeneration rate of magepoints. But thats mostly too slow.
Charisma (*): Even with high Charisma you have no certainty that you can persuade every NPC to join your Party. Nymphs need Charisma for kissing.

Greetings
Merope
nasir
Soldat(in)
Soldat(in)

Beitrag von nasir »

Hi Merope.

So as for casters there is no crucial parameter. There is no parameter to increase damage by spells right ?
As for quantity of mana points is it also depends only on character level or can be permanently increased by any parameter or potion ?

Greetings
sircharles

Beitrag von sircharles »

nasir hat geschrieben:Hi Merope.

So as for casters there is no crucial parameter. There is no parameter to increase damage by spells right ?
As for quantity of mana points is it also depends only on character level or can be permanently increased by any parameter or potion ?

Greetings
Hi, Nasir,

I'm not Merope, but I can give you some answers anyway.
No, there is no really crucial attribute for spellcasters. Wisdom help *a little* in gaining mana on levelup, but here the driving force is the race. And no, you cannot really improve that.
Damage done by spells can not be increased in any way (except possibly by experience).

Greetings,
Sir Charles
Antworten

Zurück zu „Fate - Gates of Dawn“