Larvin encounter map in a spreadsheet

Hier kann man Fragen über Fate stellen, die man schon immer mal beantwortet haben wollte.
Fate 1 - Fanpage

Moderatoren: sircharles, Xajorkith, erni

Antworten
Rangerous the Second
Goblin
Goblin

Larvin encounter map in a spreadsheet

Beitrag von Rangerous the Second »

Each time you enter the town, 98 encounters are randomly distributed across the map.

Larvin encounter maps can be useful if you want to complete your party with a particular class. Then you might use the encounter map, which shows location and classes of pending encounters, color coded in green for encounters that might be willing to join, red for hostile, and yellow for those friendly encounters that will never join you.

The spreadsheet assumes FS-UAE's memory structure.

Cut and paste the hex memory listing from 8005BED8-8005C81F into cell E2 of the tab entitled Encounters(Larvin), and the encounter map updates automatically.

(Edit) Sadly, cannot upload the spreadsheet because I have reached my upload quota. If there's interest, I'll try to figure out how to upload the map spreadsheet. If there is no interest, well then, what a great site! It has already understood that my uploads do not need to be accessible. :)
Dateianhänge
Map-LarvinEncounters.png
Map-LarvinEncounters.png (76.58 KiB) 247 mal betrachtet
Abyss
Titan(in)
Titan(in)

Beitrag von Abyss »

Maybe Thies, the forum owner, can slightly increase your upload quota. Just send a PM. He had done it for me. But I am also a lovely nose I)

This really looks like it could enrich the Fate forum :bussi:
(Even if my English is terrible ... * cough *)
Rangerous the Second
Goblin
Goblin

Python encounter map, limited to the City of Larvin

It took a couple of days to learn enough Python to make this automap more dynamic and interactive. Here's a quick video of it in action:

https://youtu.be/S21LksONM8w

I've been running this script under the Python 3.7.3 IDLE. It searches for and reads memory of a process named FS-UAE.exe. It's read-only, so it does no harm, but it won't function properly unless Winwood is in Larvin.

It works adequately on a dual screen system, where it doesn't cover part of the game screen.

Enjoy!
Dateianhänge
LarvinEncounterMap.zip
Able to under Python 3.7.3 IDLE,
reading active FS-UAE.exe process,
of invisibleshadow's WHDLoad of Fate 1.6.
(8.46 KiB) 182-mal heruntergeladen
Rangerous the Second
Goblin
Goblin

Larvin Encounter Map now compiled into an executable

Thanks to all the enthustic response to my limited Larvin automap program, I've gone ahead and compiled the Python source code into a Windows .exe file. There is no longer any need to install Python on your computer to use this limited automap capability.

In its current form, the map is only relevant when your party is in Larvin (although it works in any town, just ignore the Larvin background geography).

However, if I stick with it, I expect to update this into a more general automap that works anywhere in Fate.

As noted, the source code was already posted in this same message thread.

Edit: OK, I may have to wait a few days before I can upload this file, which is about 11 kB, because I've exhausted my upload limit. I'll edit and attach whenever that works.

Respectfully,
Rangerous the Second
Abyss
Titan(in)
Titan(in)

Beitrag von Abyss »

I have to say that I do not even understand half of what it does. But it looks great. For example, I did not think that the NPCs are already set on entering the city. I thought they were always randomly generated nearby.

How big is this? How does it connect to the emulator? Did Thies, the forum's big boss, increase your attachment storage? How much memory do you need?
Rangerous the Second
Goblin
Goblin

automap status update

So far, I have a Python script that's only been tested on my own system, with the English version 1.6 of Fate running under FS-UAE.exe on Windows 10, available at the following post:

viewtopic.php?p=405532#405532
Zuletzt geändert von Rangerous the Second am Fr 03.05.2019 - 08:25, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
Rangerous the Second
Goblin
Goblin

reply to Abyss

Q: "How big is this?"

A:
The town, city, and dungeon automap is 56x56.

The wilderness automap is 640x400.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Q: "How does it connect to the emulator?"

A:
It assumes the emulator is FS-UAE, running the v1.6 English version of Fate, under Windows.

It scans your running processes and finds FS-UAE.

It reads memory locations from the FS-UAE process that are specific to the v1.6 configuration.

For example, it expects to find the 28 characters in your 4 parties at the memory location 0x80050E74 to 0x80054523 (starting with "Winwood"), and it expects to find the name and characteristics of any encounter you are currently talking to, starting at memory address 0x8000466A.

If you're interested, I've attached the source code so you can see how automap is able to do that, and which memory locations are examined.

Q: Did Thies, the forum's big boss, increase your attachment storage?

A:
I only just asked, but it may be unnecessary, because I think I may have learned how to use Google drive to make it accessible at the following URL:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1qlOCW ... 9x5s0Rs0ga

Here's a youtube summary:
https://youtu.be/D0dbKe4wkIo

Q: "How much memory do you need?"

A:
Wow, great question. The present configuration takes up a little over 10M.

I had said that it takes up less than 20K, but now I see that I had misread the file size: actually it's less than 20M (! that's a big difference!).
Antworten

Zurück zu „Fate - Gates of Dawn“