MM7Rev4modR1 a mod for might and magic 7 has been released!

Hier dreht sich alles um das (englische) Remake-Projekt, welches auf MM7 aufsetzt

Moderatoren: Thies, mara

Antworten
asterix15
Bursche / Magd
Bursche / Magd

MM7Rev4modR1 a mod for might and magic 7 has been released!

Beitrag von asterix15 »

MM7Rev4modR1 a mod for might and magic 7

The MM7Rev4modR1 provides a modified game sequence for the original Might and Magic VII gaming world.
About 30% of the game ‘events’ code has been altered and about 50% of the game map areas have been
modified in some way or another.
The mod is completely changed with new quests. You can also come back to Emerald Island which is also a new feature.

A few graphic ‘enhancements’ have been contributed by the ‘modder’
Pascal by way of custom weapons and armor.

This project represents about 2 months of experimentation/learning/doing/reprogramming and about one
month of Beta testing. The project began on-or-about 5Oct2007 and is finally ready for release to
the public at-large as of 18Jan2008.

To play the modified game, you’ll need to replace your EVENTS.LOD, GAMES.LOD, and ICONS.LOD files with
those contained in this download .ZIP package, delete the new.lod file, and start a new game. These
files are in the DATA folder of the game install directory.

New Guild with quests

Bild

New Quests

Bild

Defend E-ISLAND

Bild

Huge Spiders

Bild

Clear out Castle Harmondale. You'll note that you must kill all hostiles on both the ground floor and the upstairs.

Bild

There are definitely some new ‘surprises’ here for the MM7 veterans!

Remarks, comments, bug reports, and assistance may be reported/obtained using the Blog area of this
download site at

http://hosted.filefront.com/BigDaddyJim

Enjoy!

Big Daddy Jim (The Earl of Los Gatos)
19Jan2008
Nightraven
Erzdruide/in
Erzdruide/in

Beitrag von Nightraven »

Hi,
Can I play this mod with the german version of MM 7?
Gruß Nightraven
asterix15
Bursche / Magd
Bursche / Magd

Beitrag von asterix15 »

I think it will work for the german version too :D

But mm7.exe still includes some things in german..

Download this if you want a full english version :)

http://files.filefront.com/English+Vers ... einfo.html
asterix15
Bursche / Magd
Bursche / Magd

Beitrag von asterix15 »

A patch has been released for the mm7revmod!

http://hosted.filefront.com/BigDaddyJim
asterix15
Bursche / Magd
Bursche / Magd

Beitrag von asterix15 »

***PATCH R2 RELEASED***

This patch only addresses Light Path fixes and has addressed the following known 'bugs'.

1. Those 'pesky' barrels and torches that dissapear and then reappear upon reentry into a map area have been fixed. They must be selected once for the correction to take place. For a new game they work fine. For a game in progress,
either select them once (save your game first!) or just ignore them.

2. The Watchers Ring of Elemental Water is no longer carried by the Guardian Sylph. It is placed **on** the island. For a game in-progress, simply return to the island to get the ring.

3. The text concerning the Harmondale teleportal hub has been limited to Farswell.

4. The Wonka Quest has been limited to Blyze.

5. Swordsmanship (Expert Sword) can only be acquired on Emerald Island.

6. The end-game logic, from the "Alliance" quest forward has been reworked to make it FAIL SAFE. This involved deleting one of the cinematic scenes, but so goes life. This patch is the only way to 'guarentee' that you can complete the Light Path game.

7. The Alliance quest 'destination' can no longer be entered until the actual quest is given.

8. Falk now properly promotes to "Priest of Light'.

This patch has **not** bothered to address minor text 'display' issues that don't affect game progress
(re; extra quotes, mispelled words and the-like).

/******************************************/
/******* A couple of Hints/Spoilers *******/
/******************************************/

1. The well that takes the party to the Blue Guardian Trove remains active until you return with the quest items to
the messenger for the promotion. If you delay the return to the messenger, build the party in strength/level, then you
can return to the trove as often as you want and defeat the guardians. The unique-item reward carried by the
Guardian may be worth this extra effort.

2. Before embarking on the Alliance quest, make sure that your party has several Blue Magic Potents and/or
Town Portal scrolls. Otherwise you may not make it 'out' alive.

3. The Hurler of Mountains is quite easily defeated if you use the proper weapons and tactics.
Otherwise, be prepared to get 'stoned' to death.

4. The Map Giver will only appear if you enter his map area carrying **all** relevant scrolls.

5. If ya wanna have some fun, lure some 'monsters' to the Map Giver and watch him work.

6. Keep on the lookout for "Strange Torches' and similar sprites.

7. With this patch, you won't be able to complete the Wizard Promo until you reach Evenmorn Island.

***************** NOTE *****************
***************** NOTE *****************

You will **not** be able to complete the Dark Path in this game, so don't 'waste' your time trying to do so.

!!!!The current status of the game is Light Path only!!!!

BDJ ...

http://hosted.filefront.com/BigDaddyJim/
asterix15
Bursche / Magd
Bursche / Magd

Beitrag von asterix15 »

The R2 release of the MM7Rev4mod game will be posted to this site on-or-about 09March2008. Because of this new release, all Release 1 game files have been removed from this site. The download status for the R1 at time of removal was 559 total downloads, including 331 game downloads and 228 patch/text file downloads.

The R2 Light Path release includes the following changes and additions.

(1) Thirty-seven new game 'events'.

(2) Three new Quests; one essential and two optional.

(3) Five new map (dungeon) areas; The Gauntlet, The Coding Fortress, The Kennel, The Vault, and The Treasury.

(4) Five new NPC's including Lord Godwinson and the Coding Wizard.

(5) A one-time capability to select a new character class (profession) for each party member.

(6) An 'altered' essential quest completion sequence prior to 'EndGame'.

(7) Various and sundry minor 'tweaks' and 'changes'.

At time of Beta release, a new BLOG entry will be posted to report any problems or 'bugs' with the R2.

Big Daddy Jim
aka: The Coding Wizard
Goldgolem
Magier(in)
Magier(in)

Beitrag von Goldgolem »

Ich kriege irgendwie immer Probleme mit filesfront.com, das nervt mich ehrlich ... X( "invalid sessionset, your download failed", das ist alles was ich kriege :( Kannst du die Files nochmal uploaden?

I get everytime problems with filesfront.com because of invalid sessionset, then my download fails. Could you please upload your mod to an other uploadingsite for me? Would be very glad if you do so, I´d like to play it :) From screenshots it looks pretty nice to me :respekt:

see you, DarkCrusade
"Deep, deep into the Black Forest there stands
what some call a nuthouse, a mad man's land."

- Einleitung zu "Mad Man Steve": read more
Kafarey
Frischfleisch

Re: MM7Rev4modR1 a mod for might and magic 7 has been releas

Beitrag von Kafarey »

COOL :D i have played MAM7 longer that i can even remember!I've passed the game more than 10 times and every time i had fun.but i have never been looking for any mods. VERY cool if i get this mod working :)
Goldgolem
Magier(in)
Magier(in)

Beitrag von Goldgolem »

I know now that filefront just supports american guys and that adores me a bit, I´d like to see a link for european people since most people in this forum are from germany/austria :(
"Deep, deep into the Black Forest there stands
what some call a nuthouse, a mad man's land."

- Einleitung zu "Mad Man Steve": read more
Antworten

Zurück zu „Might and Magic 7 Remake“