DODDTHESLAYER 2.0_ (A Tribute to Flamestryke)

Allgemeine Diskussionen rund um Wizardry 8

Moderatoren: Thies, mara, Sharookan

DoddTheSlayer
Dieb(in)
Dieb(in)

Beitrag von DoddTheSlayer »

Thanks. I am glad you like the first new location and hope that you like the others also.
But really you have MadGod to thank for creating the complete terrain editor. Now anyone with an imagination can create unique locations.
They start off exactly like the existing locations which they use as templates, but you can now strip them bare of everything and start from scratch.
Pottenham
Hexer/Hexe
Hexer/Hexe

Beitrag von Pottenham »

:winken:

One Question about that new area,please.Is it supposed to be a no-magic-allowed-area or am i suffering from a bug here?
If its the first,probably a "No Magic Allowed-Sign" would be nice to let Newcommers know the deal.
No magic means that i cannot indentify that bottle that seems to me as if it will be necessary in order to go any further.

Grüße aus Pottenham
Der Homungus herrscht über das Wüstenland !!
DoddTheSlayer
Dieb(in)
Dieb(in)

No. This is not a bug and is and unidentified items will do their thing if used correctly.
It certainly should not be difficult to guess what the bottle is for if it is the bottle i am thinking.
Pottenham
Hexer/Hexe
Hexer/Hexe

Beitrag von Pottenham »

Well,my guess is that the bottle should be merged with something else,like those Potions that are used for entrance to the Retro-Dungeons.But unidentified items cannot be merged.

Grüße aus Pottenham
Loudhy
Erzmagier(in)
Erzmagier(in)

Beitrag von Loudhy »

I found a bug, I think. I found the teleporter in the crypt and tried to find out the destination. I got the message "Do you want to enter der Upper Monastery" and I said "No". But I couldn't get away from the teleporter and so I was forced to step into it and now I'm back in the monastery.
DoddTheSlayer
Dieb(in)
Dieb(in)

Which crypt? Are you talking about the teleporter in the temple downstairs in Arnika ?
I think imay just need to make the trigger a little bigger if so.
Loudhy
Erzmagier(in)
Erzmagier(in)

Beitrag von Loudhy »

Another bug that killed my party.

After I entered the monastery again I was attacked by 2 groups of vile roaches (7/9). I placed myself in a corner near the exit to the arnika road. 4 roaches placed themselves before me but (how strange) the rest ran out of the door to the road. I thought : well let them run, but suddenly I was attacked from somewhere by someone. My bombs only affected the 4 roaches in front of me. But some attacked me from behind, I'm sure.

Could it be that those bugs that ran out of the door surrounded me, even if it's impossible ?

Now I'll wait until weekend for the next start ... ;(
DoddTheSlayer
Dieb(in)
Dieb(in)

I have never seen this before because i have never ran to that position to fight anything, but i have noticed in that passage that gors up to where the fellowship scroll is that monsters fighting you there can go invisible. I dont know why that happens but you can still hit them if they are close enough.

But you did not answer my question about which teleporter it was that you were forced to use.
Zuletzt geändert von DoddTheSlayer am Mi 06.08.2008 - 19:03, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
Loudhy
Erzmagier(in)
Erzmagier(in)

Beitrag von Loudhy »

DoddTheSlayer hat geschrieben:I have never seen this before because i have never ran to that position to fight anything, but i have noticed in that passage that gors up to where the fellowship scroll is that monsters fighting you there can go invisible. I dont know why that happens but you can still hit them if they are close enough.

But you dids not answer my question about which teleporter it was that you were forced to use.
Sorry, I forgot because I was too disappointed when I wrote the last post.

It was the teleporter in the Arnika Crypt.
DoddTheSlayer
Dieb(in)
Dieb(in)

Ok the teleporter is fixed. As i thought the trigger was too small.
I just went to a saved gamed to test it and there is no problem now.
I have just one more thing to take care of before releasing an updated version and that is the journal entries for thosecquests that don't give a completion message.
I am waiting on someone who is near the end of a game to see all the entries that need fixing.
Maybe more bugs will turn up while i wait.

So Loudhy. Did you get killed in the monastery because of this first bug that forced you to go there ?
Pottenham
Hexer/Hexe
Hexer/Hexe

Beitrag von Pottenham »

Loudhy hat geschrieben:Now I'll wait until weekend for the next start ... ;(

Why are you doing a complete restart? ?( .You didnt die because you where to weak,but because of an unhappy accident,right?
What happened to you there seems to me like the same as if you get crushed by the Elevator in the HLL - no need to restart. :)

Come on,just load the last Auto-Save :bitte: .

I remember the same thing happened to me a long time ago and i dont think it is in any way related to the Mod.I think its an old Wizardry Bug.

Grüße aus Pottenham
Loudhy
Erzmagier(in)
Erzmagier(in)

Beitrag von Loudhy »

@Dodd
I think so. Those roaches were close to the point you arrive in the monastary. I was forced to fight them because they attacked immediatly. If that's really an old bug as Pottenham says there is no chance for a weak (HP's) party because the only two points to hide a bit are the two corners near the exit to the Arnika Road.
Maybe you can place the point you arrive in the monastery closer to the exit, so you can decide to flee, before a combat mode occurs or you put it in a safe room like the control room ( with the rescue fairie). I know I can run away into an other map during combat but then strange things can happen after you return ( as you may know). That's not really a possibility for me.

@Pottenham
Sorry. But first I couldn't retreat from the teleporter in the Arnika crypt and then I was killed by bugs because of an old W8 bug that I only learned of because of the mod bug. That's too much for an old soul ... :D.
I learned other things too. I got an enchanted staff from the weapon enchanter in the monastery and found out that I never can use it. (Staff & Wand 20, Artifacts 20 ). Not because of the artifact skill but magicians do not train fighting abilities. So there is no need for my group to enchant weapons again.
And I learned that the absence of the rabid breeders during the first test was only a coincidence. There were also crusher crabs when I left the monastery the first time. So it is no advantage if you leave the monastery early with lvl 7 only (as I thought). I can train the party a bit, let's says up to lvl 9 oder 10 ( up to the X-Ray-Spell).

It's not a big loss (only a few hours ). I'll take the chance to make the new party a little bit different.
Pottenham
Hexer/Hexe
Hexer/Hexe

Beitrag von Pottenham »

I must say this:The more progress i make in this Mod the better it gets.I dont know what i did expect when i started this but i surely didnt expect something THAT brilliant. :D

I am now in the new dungeon that can be accessed from the Captain-Braveheart-Area.It is really an Eyecatcher,very very nice textures and ambient sound that really creates a creepy Atmosphere.Those poor tortured souls down there... :)

But some small critisism i must place:Is it really NECESSARY to let the Party fight in total Darkness? - hmmm...probably yes.It worked if you wanted to create an effect of slight panic and disorientation. :))

Something else:I found a spot in the Captain Braveheart Area where my Party fell through the ground and was crushed.
I made a Screenie and attached it to this post.I hope you can see where my position is.It is a few steps away from the Lodge facing the water.

Grüße aus Pottenham
Dateianhänge
Wizfalling.JPG
Wizfalling.JPG (107.3 KiB) 236 mal betrachtet
DoddTheSlayer
Dieb(in)
Dieb(in)

Ok thanks for that. There was a piece of physical wall missing.
It's ok now.
I should mention that the new dungeon that you like is the one location that i did not do. Qusari the guy who didthe intro made that and did all the storyline for it.
DoddTheSlayer
Dieb(in)
Dieb(in)

Mod version updated 2.3 now. See edited first post for new download details.
Pottenham
Hexer/Hexe
Hexer/Hexe

Beitrag von Pottenham »

Whups,trying to download the new version gives me this:

"This file is unavailable until Aug. 17, 2008 because the uploader's account has reached its download limit. You can access it immediately with a DivShare Personal account!"

Grüße aus Pottenham
DoddTheSlayer
Dieb(in)
Dieb(in)

Yes. There were 60 downloads within about 3 hours of my announcing the update and there have been none since.

It's ok i have uploaded it to Rapidshare also. Here is the link:
http://rapidshare.com/files/135806800/D ... r_2.30.rar
DoddTheSlayer
Dieb(in)
Dieb(in)

Anyone who is having problems with the the hosting sites can download the full version 2.3 by torrent. Here:

http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/4339475 ... r_2.30.rar
Antworten

Zurück zu „Wiz8 - Allgemein“