Beginer question.

Hier kann man Fragen über Fate stellen, die man schon immer mal beantwortet haben wollte.
Fate 1 - Fanpage

Moderatoren: sircharles, Xajorkith, erni

nasir
Soldat(in)
Soldat(in)

Beitrag von nasir »

Hi Sir Charles.

Thank You for answer :)

Now i managed to kill Miras Athran :) but im afraid i have stuck forever. :(

After i killed Miras with Marina with gathalak i tried to escape up like on Pawels instruction, unfortunately teleport field market "O" on map 7 lvl dungeon is inactive. In Uwe solution Marina must use once gathalak and i did so, and teleportation sphere appeared, but teleport is still inactive. I have no idea what i have did wrong.
Pawel instruction of 7 lvl dungeon is trivial that i read also Uwe solution which helps me a lot (for example how to put Marina into the hole and how to make her back on another hole and make way to Miras chamber. On map 2 i had to search in 3 places in right sequence and im sure i did right. After that killed Miras With child alone. Now i have no idea , maybe i just missed something ?
Merope
Ritter/Amazone
Ritter/Amazone

Beitrag von Merope »

Hi Nasir,

you have to use the gathalak in the "Chamber of Gathalak". :wink:
I don´t know now the precise field ... use it on all 4. I)
The teleporter field "O" should then be active.

Greetings
Merope
sircharles

Beitrag von sircharles »

Hi, Nasir,

I agree with Merope. Use the Gathalak on all 4 fields of the chamber.
I dimly remember a solution that mentioned this. I just don't know which one. [Edit] I found it. It was Berry.
Anyway, I always did that and it never failed.
By the way, I think this teleport is not tied to any scroll/switch events.
[Edit] Wait a second, on level 7 there should have been another scroll. Are you sure you did that one correctly?

Good luck!
Sir Charles
nasir
Soldat(in)
Soldat(in)

Beitrag von nasir »

Hi Merope and Sir Charles. :)

Thank You for clues, i will try this evening :bounce: :respekt:
So now i can go for Storm Helmet :)

I tried also my ideas to solve problem like use gathalak in place where Miras was, tried to drop gathalak on Gathalak chamber, also tried to use gathalak in this place but only once :) There is also little hole in wall, but it seems nothing can be done with it.

On 7th level i didnt found two scrolls. Only one, also in map downloaded from runetek only one place is marked where i should find map to search. This map is located on 12 mark. Just on last patch to Miras chamber.

http://dungeony.rpghry.cz/fate/pmcat7.jpg
nasir
Soldat(in)
Soldat(in)

Beitrag von nasir »

Thanks You are right. :top:

After i used 4 times gathalak in chamber, teleporter has been unlocked.
I jumped out from dungeon on last lamp :))

Now i will improve my warriors and see that weapon shop on north western corner isle. I will see if weapons are better that those i found during exploring dungeons, so will check prices if i can affort that :)

I went to Tinius and he is not want to speak with me about important things. My party also forget everything, they are asking him for strange beast, secret clue, to help with quest, fortunately he is respawning constantly so i can start chat once again. maybe because i didnt chat with anybody in dungeons, only ignore or fight :) After i came up i cured my party, and put sleep for 12h cause some people was tired and deserve for long rest :).
sircharles

Beitrag von sircharles »

Hi, Nasir,

don't waste any money on shops right now! You have the whole world available to you, so you can find better stuff just by looking around!
Tinius will talk to you, if you trigger the correct option. Problem - I do not recall which one... ?(
Just keep on trying...
Your next possibilities: grab a ship and start searching the isles. Lots of nice stuff to find... :D

Greetings,
Sir Charles
nasir
Soldat(in)
Soldat(in)

Beitrag von nasir »

Hi Sir Charles.

I dont really care if Tinius want give me some money or even bank account in reward (I wish be so easygoing in real life :) ) i just hope i wont stuck in game because of him. I have now 300000 pst (total i should get from catacombs about 400000 cause spent some meantime) , Uwe collected 1,1 mln after get out from dungeon so his party was fighting and exploring much more :)

So is it means i can travel freely over world ? It would be great cause for now i rather need some open air instead of quests in catacombs :)

These weapons/armors from store are not so good, in most cases i collected better in catacombs.

Oh, i forgot : In free time i read some manual and found that on display of character atributes are shown as bars, yellow bar: good , silver ok or little below expectations, darker much below expectations.

So my paladin Ingrid has SC - Skill class as high yellow bar, so good and i checked her characteristic page and skill was 26.
Winwood S- skill class as silver so not too much (much lower than paladin has), but on characteristic skill has 65 cause i trained him in guild before descend to kill Miras.
A i read on manual skill class is calculated from AC - armor class and skill.
Both of them have good AC high yellow bar so i wonder why Winwood SC skill class is so low compared to paladin SC which her skill is much lower 26 and same AC.
Winwood has 11 lev and Ingrid has 12lvl It is not important but i just wonder :)

Greetings
Merope
Ritter/Amazone
Ritter/Amazone

Beitrag von Merope »

Ha Nasir,
nasir hat geschrieben:I went to Tinius and he is not want to speak with me about important things.
i think you have to use the option "Wait". Then he will speak freely like a waterfall. :))

Greetings
Merope
nasir
Soldat(in)
Soldat(in)

Beitrag von nasir »

Hello again. Im back after long long pause. :)
Thanks to backup save i can still continue my journey with fate :)
I have succesfully finished first part of the game. Now i can travel around world and im trying to get progress in next quest which is get to grotto lair and find mage. I spent hours talking to other people Cassida (pople not nice) and Valvice in game and finally im ready to get to grotto dungeon cause i got finally clue about mage who has lost in grotto. To be honest i would like to travel frirst than sneaking through dungeons but to get ship first i have to collect 3 millions gold :) So i bought lot of lamps and im ready to get grotto.
Reading Paweł Matusz solution at beginning lev 1 dungeon i have to go to location (25,34) and take the paintcan item found there. Problem is to get that i have to go through water. Pawel suggested use Levitate spell but there is no listed at all, i checked manual and no such spell available. I found another solution. Elemental has spell teleport which deactivate all teleports for medium time. So this item is lying after this teleport so i could get it item by going through teleport field and not being teleported but i have to recruit proper elemental person also who is experienced enough to have already that spell. In Uwe solution Toronar could learn teleport spell but i have no elementall class in Toronar magic book. Instead of elementall i have banshee, warlock, valkiryie, and witch class spell :(. Maybe You have aby other ideas how to get that item ?:)
Merope
Ritter/Amazone
Ritter/Amazone

Beitrag von Merope »

Welcome back ! :)

2 million piaster you can get in der wilderness at 26 east/ 141 north and 27 east/ 141 north.
Maybe it´s enough for a ship with your fortune. :D

Concerning the paintcan: You can stop/pause the time with an early available elemental spell.
During that time teleports don´t work. :wink:
The banshee´s second spell-category is elemental (when i remember it right :unschuldig: ).
sircharles

Beitrag von sircharles »

Hi, nasir,

nice to see you back here!

Be cautious when following Pavel's tracks. Sometimes I have the feeling that he tells a story more than providing a solution. Good read though.
No, there is no levitation in F1. No way to cross water other than a ship. As Merope suggested, stopping time let you get past teleports. This is also an elemental spell (learned earlier) but the class to learn elementals earliest is the banshee (second spellbook) or the druid (third).
If you don't have one, there is an alternative. The fracwand stops time for a short while, enough to get you past a teleport. Trouble is, you cannot buy this anywhere, you can find two in the wilderness. But follow Merope's hint and you might be able to afford a ship earlier...
Learning elemental spells: Toronar gets them as his fifth spellbook (as most other offensive mages). The next after witch. Needs some training. :)

@Merope: correctly remembered. :)

Best luck!
Sir Charles
nasir
Soldat(in)
Soldat(in)

Beitrag von nasir »

Thank you Merope and Sir Charles for answer :top:
I read more Uwe solution and found that he had problems in grotto cause his party was too weak to pass through. So he went to Alarian dungeon under larvin to train them more. So if my Toronar has learned 2nd spell in which class so he need far more experience to be eqal as Uwe Toronar. So i will not look for wand, instead of that i will train my party even if it takes a lot of time. So yesterday i was wandering through wilderness around Valvice. I tried to hunt for Grail Wizards, they dont hit hard cause they are not mele, and give a lot of experience when killed. I will try also to buy a ship but i have little problem , i dont know how to read coordinates Merope you gave me.
I have map of whole world from runetek site
http://dungeony.rpghry.cz/fate/fateworl.gif and dont know how to get this location, shall i start from Valvice entrance and get 141 to north and 27 to the east ?
Also i found some interesting items but i dont know if they are value and worth to save for hard fight or they can be use in ordinary fight. For example i found Holy Mortar and i will have to make test and try to use on opponents and look for effects :)

Also i have lot of armor and weapon which i dont use and my party are overloaded. So it is funny situation cause when i want to sell them to vendor i often give too high price cause i dont know proper value of them and smitty throws me out of shop :D
nasir
Soldat(in)
Soldat(in)

Beitrag von nasir »

One more things.
I started to training and traveling and during that i spoken to many characters in game and i sudenly realised im on new quest about mystic wand and got knowledge that moonwand is divided on several pieces, also got information about agryssium.
I really wory cause im already on previous quest (didnt finished yet) to find druid in grotto.
I realy worry my party will forget some important quest because of that and i will stuck forever :(
Merope
Ritter/Amazone
Ritter/Amazone

Beitrag von Merope »

nasir hat geschrieben: I will try also to buy a ship but i have little problem , i dont know how to read coordinates Merope you gave me.
I have map of whole world from runetek site
http://dungeony.rpghry.cz/fate/fateworl.gif and dont know how to get this location, shall i start from Valvice entrance and get 141 to north and 27 to the east ?
The wilderness (like the cities and dungeons) has a coordinate system.
To locate the position of your party you can use a pearl; the "Position"-spell of the enchanter or a locstaff (i hope the name is correct :unschuldig: )
The 2 million piaster are westward of Valvice.
nasir hat geschrieben:Also i have lot of armor and weapon which i dont use and my party are overloaded. So it is funny situation cause when i want to sell them to vendor i often give too high price cause i dont know proper value of them and smitty throws me out of shop Very Happy
If you don´t need money desperately it is not necessary to sell all useless items.
During the course of the game you´ll find enough piaster. :D
nasir hat geschrieben:I realy worry my party will forget some important quest because of that and i will stuck forever Sad
Sir Charles reported the same issue somewhere in the forum.
If i get it right, he had to talk a bit more after a forgotten quest to get the same informations again.
So don´t be afraid of getting stuck in the game. 8)
nasir
Soldat(in)
Soldat(in)

Beitrag von nasir »

Thank you Merope :respekt: , so i can sleep easy when i know i will not stuck in game :)
I realised that train toronar to get elemental spells will take lot of time , i have him on 20 lev and need about 6-7 up to get that spell.
So i tried many times to recruit someone in tavern and finally got errin banshee/elemental on 18 lev and she has time spell. So i can try to enter to grotto im little bored to fight with rats, snakes, grail wizards are quite rare to meet. Maybe in dungeons i will level faster :)
Thank You for info about pearl, i will use and will find coordinates. I have now 700000 so take another 300000 will be no problem, i must avoid robbers :).
nasir
Soldat(in)
Soldat(in)

Beitrag von nasir »

Finally i went to grotto and i found fights are not easy :)
There is no problem with mercenaries cause i use spell R-Sphere! and i can easily defeat them. Problem is when i fight against wizards. Every fight with wizards who often stands 6-8 yards from me is ending i have always someone turned into stone and i have to revive. I know if someone die too often he can leave party.
I checked in Cassida is guild i can improve Anti Stone x2 but i wonder is worth to sacrifice points on improvement. I have 3 characters with antistone between 16-20 and those characters usually are turned to stone. I have anti stone spell in Marina spellbook, but this is very short last and it can be casted only on one character not on all party.
How do you handle with those wizards ?
Merope
Ritter/Amazone
Ritter/Amazone

Beitrag von Merope »

To stop the time is always a good option. :wink:
In the grottos it´s working until level 6.

You can try some spells like "Wahnsinn" (madness/insanity ???) of the banshee or "Jucken" (itching ???) of the alchemist.

OK, i need an english spellbook too. :unschuldig:
sircharles

Beitrag von sircharles »

Hi, nasir,
nasir hat geschrieben:Finally i went to grotto and i found fights are not easy :)
if you find this, you are nor ready for the grottos. :(
Have you visited Alarian yet? After finishing the catacombs, you should already be eligible for quite some bonus there. Remember that on your first visit, the character has to approach the altar twice to receive bonuses.
Invest allowances in anti-magic. Try to get your characters to ~100 in anti-magic (item bonuses included). This will help you against the magic casters in the grottos. And there are much more dangerous ones deeper down...

You do know how Alarian works, do you? If not, say so, and we will explain (neither Pavel nor Uwe bothered about that, as I recall, and our Alarian threads are completely in German, so...)

Oh, and addressing your concern about the information: from the story point of view, you are eligible for pick up Mandrag, but you do not need him when asking around for the moonwand. So basically, you are not mixing quests, you just have not finished one. When you start searching for monwand parts, however, finish the one you started, otherwise you will run into problems...

Greetings,
Sir Charles
nasir
Soldat(in)
Soldat(in)

Beitrag von nasir »

hi Sircharles. Thanks for reply.
Yes, my party is weak and i should work to improve their skills.
I have never been in Alarian Vaults. I was in dungeons under Larvin, finished main quest and got permission to enter Alarian Vaults but I didnt went to Alarian Vaults, and unfortunately i dont know how they works. If You could explain i would appreciate. :) I read Pawel and Uwe solutions and looking maps and i was wondering why Uwe got back to Alarian only to kill some monsters ? Cause there are no special usefull items marked on maps, so there must be another reason to visit Alarian vaults twice :)
I will try to rescue Mandrag. There is a lot of useful items on 3rd lev dungeons. :)
sircharles

Beitrag von sircharles »

Hello, nasir,

Alarian is a very important thing to improve your party's abilities.

First, every visit to the altar regenerates a character to full health (every character has to step before the altar individually).
Second, a visit resets the count of deaths to zero. This is important, because a character with too many deaths will leave you forever (and I nearly had this happened with Bergarac).
Third (and now it gets interesting) you will get awarded based on your fighting stats.
- Kills with weapons (direct kills) and by tricking (much more effective but difficult) will gain you strength, invulnerability and 4 allowances per what we call "fighter level". The more you kill, the more levels you can make. It is no surprise for Winwood to gain several of these on his first visit (remember, first time, approach twice).
- Kills by throwing/shooting, stealing and hiding advance you in the "ninja level". You get dexterity (or was it skill) and anti-missile, plus four allowances. This level is the most difficult to train, so advances are slow.
- Kills by magic and hits (kills) by "groping" advance you in the "wizard level". Hits by crystal demons also count. You get intelligence, magic power, 2 allowances and three new spells for each level. Pretty easy to train for offensive mages, and well worth the effort. I guess your Toronar should get a minimum of four advances here already.
- Kills by items and any hits by spells that cause some kind of effect (paralyzing, silence, insanity, whatever) advance you on the "druid level". Here each level yields wisdom, anti-magic, 3 allowances and 2 spells. This is the most important level for non-offensive spellcasters like Marina.

Summary: the bonuses distributed by Alarian are a very important reason to give every character some share in a battle. I guess you are already eligible for at least some nice bonuses. Go get the spells immediately. For the allowances, check what you need. There are two different approaches to that. If you have plenty allowances (and I am talking of at least 40 here), you can try the offensive approach. Invest in skill (in Larvin) and dexterity (in Pirate Rock, need a ship) plus some intelligence. This will gain you initiative and let you hit first. If you have not too many allowances, try the defensive approach - bring up your anti-magic to about 100. This will render you almost immune to magic in the grottos (later on, this will not be enough). Good equipment and at least some training in skill/dexterity should help against melee fighters (plus any defensive spell you can cast). Note that the well-known help-it-alls "stop time" and "r-sphere" stop working at grotto level 7 and beyond... :)

Oh, and one important thing - do not stop exploring just because it seems there is nothing to be found... have you met Razamon's berserkers in the catacombs? Nice training, and they have plenty of money... :D

Happy fating!
Sir Charles
Antworten

Zurück zu „Fate - Gates of Dawn“