Beginer question.

Hier kann man Fragen über Fate stellen, die man schon immer mal beantwortet haben wollte.
Fate 1 - Fanpage

Moderatoren: sircharles, Xajorkith, erni

amigafan
Bogenschütze/in
Bogenschütze/in

Beitrag von amigafan »

@Nasir,

a party with 7 Winwoods with his good arms and armament
would have a better chance against DRACS as your parrty.
The problem is the first strike. This first strike ever have the
DRACS against your party. So one of your party is a stone.
And it is possible, that your nymphe likes to kiss only three times.
I have written in my thread that my party overcomes only with
Winwwood and an another character for the first time in Level 3
of the grotton. I must go back and train my party and go to Alarian,
because I hoped that my characters would become the chance
for the first strike. Then I seeked for the other things in Level 3.

The best idea is with patience seek for the good things in the
wilderness with your ship. And then to go into Dungeon with
the characters who have the best weapons and armament.
The warphammer is very well. It hits more then one within (?) the
round, also DRACS. My Winwood has this weapon and in
the other hand the hulkhammer. To throw upon enemy who is
more then two steps away.
Don't forget the crim pitsch for a mage!

And don't forget the spell SCHUTZWAND, ever you are in the
dungeon.
And rest in the part of this dungeon with the
teleports "to this and this dungeon".
Much fun. In this part of grotton you can get 25 items!
It is very satisfactory.
:top:
nasir
Soldat(in)
Soldat(in)

Beitrag von nasir »

hi Amigafan.
Sorry i didnt responded, my kids were sick and i had little time to play Fate. When i have some time im searching for a car at mobile.de.
Yes in near future i have to visit your country to buy a car casu my current is very old. :)

Anyway thank You for clues, i wonder how to get 7 Winwoods :), but i will try with present party. I have to collect money for upgrading. I spent 400 000 for it so far but it is still not enough.
I will try to enter grottos when i hit 100 antistone. Maybe i can handle but now i need to go back for hulkhammer you mentioned , i didnt get all stuff from isles yet :)
In a day i should be ready to reach grottos and will try to dance with Dracs :)
amigafan
Bogenschütze/in
Bogenschütze/in

Beitrag von amigafan »

@Nasir,

don't mention it.
If you would like to have the hulkhammer as early as possible,
you have to go into the "Kammer von Etrin", in English perhaps
"Chamber of Etrin", directly in the middle of this part
of dungeon. When you arrive in Level 3 go to the first teleport
to the right or south.
sircharles

Beitrag von sircharles »

Hi, nasir,
nasir hat geschrieben:I will try to enter grottos when i hit 100 antistone.
don't waste your precious allowances on anti-stone at this stage of the game. Against Dracs you can still use time stop or the sphere spell of your nymph. Since these won't work in level 7, where you meet lots of nasty mages, put your emphasis on anti-magic. You will not meet any stoning attacks beside the Dracs but plenty of spellcasters. Spare your allowances for your anti-fire upgrade.
nasir hat geschrieben:Maybe i can handle but now i need to go back for hulkhammer you mentioned , i didnt get all stuff from isles yet :)
In a day i should be ready to reach grottos and will try to dance with Dracs :)
You mentioned the warphammer being in your possession before, so why going after the hulkhammer? It's way weaker than the warphammer and can only be wielded by warrior types...
Anyway, I think you are ready for the grottos, if you remember to hold your guards up... :)

Best of luck!
Sir Charles
nasir
Soldat(in)
Soldat(in)

Beitrag von nasir »

Hi Sir Charles.

Thank you for warning. I have already put all points in antistone, but im lucky cause i have old save and it will cost me 3-4 levels back. Anyway think it is small price :) I will start collecting money once again and get up some 3-4 levels up and now i will put all in antimagic.

I wanted to go for hulk hammer as secondary weapon for throwing.
Amigafan told me it is good against mages who stands in a distance.
sircharles

Beitrag von sircharles »

nasir hat geschrieben:I wanted to go for hulk hammer as secondary weapon for throwing.
Amigafan told me it is good against mages who stands in a distance.
Hi, nasir,
amigafan is right, the hulkhammer is nice for throwing, but since the warphammer already returns when thrown, you do not need a backup. Unless you have another fighter, of course.
For the grottos, consider bows and arrows. Up to now you should have a decent bow for each of your chars, and the arrows you can purchase in Pirate Rocks will work well in the grottos (opal, premium, crim are the best). No distance limit, and combined with some other arrow types that cause effects (like bog arrows) will give you easy kills against small groups (against which mass damage spells are just wasted).

Oh, and you can combine levelling and money if you visit Razamon's hordes. They always drop a nice amount of money. One tour through Razamon's lair can yield a quarter million piasters... :)

Greetings,
Sir Charles

PS: Considering anti-stone, I pretty much think that this is just a waste of allowances. You will only meet direct stoning attacks in the grottos (dracs), all other stonings are conveyed via magic, so proper magic defense will help more. And you have to invest *a lot* to have even decent protection since there is no guild giving you more than 3 points. And a value below 200 is just simply useless. So we are talking about ~50 allowances (unless the char is wielding a stoneshield). The stonering won't help much either - its increase to anti-stone is insufficient. Best help against stoning is a good magic defense plus good initiative (as far as I remember, any one with a potential stoning attack is not among the fastest in the pack). And while I'm at this, forget anti-poison and anti-illness. You will never get it high enough to show any help. The weak poisoners will already have trouble to hit you at all, and the nasty poisoners in the Agysium don't care about values below 200. Anti-charm is useless as well - nobody will ever try to charm you... :D
amigafan
Bogenschütze/in
Bogenschütze/in

Beitrag von amigafan »

@sircharles,

da Du einer der Moderatoren bist und hier erkennbar für mich
zuletzt geantwortet hast:

Ich habe ein Problem: Ich komme plötzlich ab und zu nicht mehr
ins Forum hinein.

Was ist da los?
Oder betrifft es nur mich? Und wenn ja, warum?

Bitte um Nachricht, evtl. hier. Aber es kann dann wieder sein,
dass ich Deine geschätzte Nachricht nicht lesen kann; weil ich
ich nicht hier sein kann. Dann erbitte ich eine Nachricht per Mail.
Danke im Voraus!

Sorry Ihr anderen hier.
Aber für mich wäre es zu schade, diese Seite für immer
bei mir ausblenden zu müssen, nachdem ich sie endlich
gefunden habe.
Abyss
Titan(in)
Titan(in)

Beitrag von Abyss »

Ich hatte das gleiche Problem, ich kam gestern den ganzen Tag nicht ins Forum und heute morgen.

Nun scheint es wieder zugehen.
Vagabund
Fahnenträger(in)
Fahnenträger(in)

Beitrag von Vagabund »

Dito ?(

Dachte schon es läge an Firefox aber iE das selbe .....gut das es jetzt wieder geht

:roll:
Sam.
Bogenschütze/in
Bogenschütze/in

Beitrag von Sam. »

Sql fehler kommen schon mal vor,wenn Datenbanken nicht abgerufen werden können führt das mal dazu da hilft nur warten.
Bild
sircharles

Beitrag von sircharles »

amigafan hat geschrieben:@sircharles,

da Du einer der Moderatoren bist und hier erkennbar für mich
zuletzt geantwortet hast:

Ich habe ein Problem: Ich komme plötzlich ab und zu nicht mehr
ins Forum hinein.

Was ist da los?
Oder betrifft es nur mich? Und wenn ja, warum?

Bitte um Nachricht, evtl. hier. Aber es kann dann wieder sein,
dass ich Deine geschätzte Nachricht nicht lesen kann; weil ich
ich nicht hier sein kann. Dann erbitte ich eine Nachricht per Mail.
Danke im Voraus!

Sorry Ihr anderen hier.
Aber für mich wäre es zu schade, diese Seite für immer
bei mir ausblenden zu müssen, nachdem ich sie endlich
gefunden habe.
Hi, amigafan,

da Du mich direkt ansprichst - ich hatte genau das gleiche Problem wie Du. In zwei verschiedenen Varianten. Zuerst hatte ich eine Meldung, dass das Board keine neue Session eröffnen konnte. Eine Minute später kam ich problemlos rein (und gerade mal 5 User waren drin). Roch für mich ein bisschen wie ein DOS-Attack, aber da Frank-Andre auch online war und nichts gepostet hat, habe ich es ignoriert.
Das andere war ein "critical error" im phpbb. Na ja, sowas kommt schon mal vor. Einfach aussitzen. Frank-Andre biegt das immer wieder hin.

Gruß,
Sir Charles
nasir
Soldat(in)
Soldat(in)

Beitrag von nasir »

Hi Merope SirCharles Amigafan and everyone.
After a half year back i still wish to complete this game.

Im sorry i wasnt here for long time.

Now after leveling up my party i can go to grottos, but may I which bow You would recommend ? If you tell me name of thatbow i can find in in item list and go for it. So far i have WIZZ BOW and CRYSTAL BOW but i cant recognize is it good bow. Wizz Bow has better statistic (WC) but only 6 power shoot against Crystal bow which has power shoot 11 (i dont know which is more important WC or power shoot)

Where can i find razamon hordes, i have never meet them before ?

Now im going to pirate isle for arrows.

Greetings
sircharles

Beitrag von sircharles »

nasir hat geschrieben: Now after leveling up my party i can go to grottos, but may I which bow You would recommend ?
Hi, Nasir,

nice to see you back.
So, you are going for distance combat? OK, a few advice here.
First, don't care about your bow, it's all in the arrows. Find a bow your char may use, and use the one with the best attributes if you have the choice. However, (and I hope I do not mix some Fate2 stuff in here) I usually swap the bow in during combat if I want to shoot. As far as I remember the different bows have no different range, so don't care. :)
If you want to go to the shooting range (and the grottos are a good place for this), get the top arrows. Those that stone are best. Critical is good too, but does not work as reliable. Forget the damage. You may shoot down low level opponents in the grottos with pure damage, but soon you will see the limits. To get maximum effect, put some de-buffs on the opponents (madness, poison or whatever). There are some low-damage arrows that can help here.
Just a word of caution. You will find out very soon (Agysium) that even those tactics won't help you getting kills out of shooting anymore. Believe me, I tried. Hard. Chasing ninja levels... :))

To sum it up: the bow itself does not matter. It's all in the arrows. Spend your money there. Oh, and the crossbow is the best and usable by most who may use a bow at all...

Greetings,
Sir Charles
nasir
Soldat(in)
Soldat(in)

Beitrag von nasir »

Thank You for reply

I will get those arrows you recomended before on pirate rock. :) I would rather use bows to get rid off enemies who are out of range for my mele weapon and some spells. i dont know am I thinking right ?

Well now im on 3 lev of grottos and fight with dracs. It is hard fight :)
I use spell Time Stop long duration or greater R-Sphere! (regeneration sphere) but those spells are time limited so i have to kill them before casted spell will end in other cause someone will be stoned. So dont use spells on them i just click very fast on mele attack for all characters to end battle before duration of spell will end. Maybe there are better tactic :)
So far it is working but these two spells costs lot of mana and i have to sleep quite often to regenerate it. i have two members who can cast them. Anyway it is going quite well so far :)

My party is already full and when i will go second time to grottos for mage i will have to split party to make room for mage and join new members to new party. I will move to new created party sorcerer on 28 lev and i wonder who should i recruit next to the new party , what class will be most recomended ?
So far my party consist:
Winwood - 30 lev
magician - 28 lev Ter Moron
Toronar - 27 lev Warlock Moron
Marina - 26 Nymph - Pheyd
Paladin 28 lev - Giant
Witch - 25 lev - Laurin (age 40 , i see i forgot to back her to 18 :) )
Banshee- 24 lev - Pheyd

I think i put to new party Magician to make room for mage ( i rare use her in combat she has no much offensive spells).

Is there special place to recruit 28-30 lev members ?
I worry if i will go to tavern in larvin only 5-10 lev characters will be available and it will give me a lot time to spare to raise their levels.

When i find and join Mandrag to party how much necessary characters still need to be invited during rest of the game ? I have Marina, Toronar, Mandrag will be joined and i wonder who else.

Im asking cause i would like to have two parties no more if it is
possible to finish game of course. ? So i wonder how much free space i should reserve to keep only two parties

Im sorry for so many questions :)

** Edit.
Now i finally defeated all dracs and finished 3rd lev of grottos and found some grat weapons and armors. Now i have all mele characters who can hit everyone in one round :) Even witch Maba can do it so i have fighter and caster in one.
Now i will try to raise my statistic by talking to people around Larvin and finally try save Mandrag on bottom of grottos :)

And one funny thing. Winwood said he is happy cause today have 25 th birthday so i bought him some gifts, anyway none of girls wanted to kiss him :) I wish some romance relationship could be implement , that could improve this game :)
nasir
Soldat(in)
Soldat(in)

Beitrag von nasir »

I found another interesting thing.
during talking Marina to magician female, i missclicked and used Enchant instead of Adulate. Normally when i tried this option by Marina to everyone female everytime i got the same message: "She would not be pleased for that" but this time she was impressed and asked me if she can join party.
sircharles

Beitrag von sircharles »

Hi, Nasir,

first off, a few hints to basic tactics. Your major party doesn't look bad, once you get your hands on Mandrag, who will fill in the archmage spot. No worries yet.

For tactics: get accustomed to the fact that weapon dmage won't help you any much longer. The dracs are a perfect example. You can only get rid of those using the big kills - banshee:hammer and archmage:(dammit, can't recall the name, it's the last one). You have no access to the master spells yet, that's when you get rocking.
Use your mana. Massively. As long as you can find wells that regenerate. There are several in the grottos (level 2 and level 4, but no one on level 3).
You regenerate mana by sleeping? Man, you have been to Pirate's Rock and did not fill up on restoration potions? Any of your fighting mages without at least 10 of those is going to be mincemeat once you get further down the grottos (it starts getting nasty in level 5), and do not even dream about Katloch and the Agysium without a good supply of restoration potions.

To sum it up: buff up your magic firepower. Magic kills help you at alarian (there is a neat group in grotto 1 for training, and the hall of frogs is nice, too) and get your spell classes up! Latest at grotto 5 you will find that weapons won't help you much any longer...

As for your find with Marina - yes, sometimes she does that. No big deal, though.

Oh, and for the recruiting question - level of recruits is directly affected by the level in your party. You won't find beginners anymore. But of course they lack in battle stats (alarian, remember!) and thus are no big help anymore. OK, at you current level you can still train a new recruit quite decently (I did so with Morgantus when my main team was around level 30 and he came in at 11, but he caught up quite well).

If you need any more hints on fighting or alarian, just ask!

Greetings,
Sir Charles
nasir
Soldat(in)
Soldat(in)

Beitrag von nasir »

Thank You :respekt: i didnt know that i can buy resore potion, I was thinking it can be found only.
I will go to pirate rock to buy it, and then go back to Vavice to rescue mage.
The second thing is i wasnt to pirate rock before cause i read on Uwe solution he was on pirate rock after he rescued mage from grottos so i was decided better not to go to pirate rock yet cause i could have missing some important quests or anything in game could mess up if i go to pirate rock before i go to Grottos.
nasir
Soldat(in)
Soldat(in)

Beitrag von nasir »

Im ready to go rescue mage and got lot of restore potions from pirate rock but i found one thing, my characters are overloaded. They carry much of additional armor and weapon for future new members. So i noticed their dexterity and skill are much decreased when they carry too much. I want to recruit two characters to give them some unused items and weapons, i found there are NPC characters Chamina and Gianna but where to find them. I found that Gianna should be on 10/28 position, i used pearl and coordinates shows me it is close to close to demolon station south west from valvice. Unfortunately she wasnt here, im affraid i could meet her before and ignored her.

Maybe coordinates are wrong ? Is there any chance to meet her ?

As for chamina i have no coordinates can someone infor me where i can find her ?

I quess she should be somewhere in start position cause i read someone got her at begining of game. I wonder if i recruit her will she at 1-5 lev or game automaticly raise her level to adapt to my party ?
Merope
Ritter/Amazone
Ritter/Amazone

Beitrag von Merope »

Hi nasir,

Gianna's position is 11/27 in Larvin.
More important is her "Creation field" or "Creation square" on 9/27.
When you step on it the first time Gianna appears on 11/27.
If you don't recruit her and leave Larvin she will be lost for ever because this "Creation field" works only once... :)

Same for Chamina.
Her "Creation field" is in catas Lvl 6 on 17/47.
She appears on position 18/41.
Interesting fact concerning Chamina: You can choose her race.
Before you activate the "Creation field" you can save the game.
Now you're able to reload the game and recruit her as often as you like until she has the race you prefer. :D

Greetings
Merope
nasir
Soldat(in)
Soldat(in)

Beitrag von nasir »

Uch, so i lost them forever cause i quit larvin long time ago. It is pity , anyway i will try to recruit another members. When i finish this game i will start once again from begining and try to invite them before i leave larvin :)

Nice to see you Merope :)
Antworten

Zurück zu „Fate - Gates of Dawn“